Monsters

Monsters

As a psychologist, you learn a lot about the human psyche. You get the chance to see into other human beings and learn more about people and the world that we all inhabit. I love my job. It's one of the only answered I had when I got the good old, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" or the "What do you plan to study after high school?". That question always annoyed me.

Another perk of being a psychologist is you learn about yourself and why you hate, like, or get annoyed by things. I got annoyed by the questions because I didn't know the answer to it and felt afraid that my mind wasn't made up about what I was going to pursue like everyone else. It was actually difficult to find out what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. But I digress, I tend to ramble on and on if I don't keep myself in check.

As a psychologist, I have patients to attend to and aid with their problems. To be quite honest, it gets rather boring and cumbersome to help these people. No matter how hard I try and give them the answer they've been searching for so long, they keep coming back with new problems.

It does have a some positives, however. For instance, you always feel better about the problems you have since everyone else is like the titanic after it hit the iceberg. Normal problems are just little spots in the carpet compared to the troubled people I so lovingly keeping track of.

This one girl, her name is Anna, has trust issues due to her father cheating and leaving her mother, along with other relationship issues or something. I always have to keep back laughing each session while listening to her problems. They're just so ridiculous I have to pretend to have a cold. Not that I would care if she found out but that would mean less business and less money. Real pathetic, that one is. Then there's Robert; refined drug addict and ex pedophile. Now let me tell you this guy just the scum of the Earth. He always reeks of something vile and looks like he's been filling in for the toilet tissue for the last couple weeks. I always have to clean my office after a session with him, it just feels so dirty and disgusting after he leaves. I think he was rabbling on why he committed those atrocities towards those sweet children, but I wouldn't know. I was doodling on my note pad. My doodling has improved significantly since Robert joined me in my office.

Works been slow lately - nothing beside the regular run-of-the-mill tainted people. I sometimes wonder why I still stay at this lackluster job. I actually think someone may of gotten fired lately, but who knows its all so bland and unexciting. My daily routine at work consisted of checking in, drinking coffee, chat with mediocre colleagues, dealing with patients, checking out, going home. Enticing right? No, wrong.

Or at least it was until I met Andy.

***

Me and Andy shared similar qualities. We both were fed up with the crappy world and the crappy people and their crappy self centeredness. He's a patient of mine and the only one I actually like at that. He's a sociopath that's on probation. He got let off of first degree murder charges in court and is now a refined law abiding citizen. In sessions however, he's the man I wanted him to be. Different. He admitted the the murders he was accused of and even told me how he did it.

"Yeah, I gutted both parents. Surprisingly, they were still alive with their lunches on the floor." he said. "I just let them bleed out after, the kids were getting away."

"What made you target that family?" I asked.

"I was in the neighborhood and decided to stop in and say hi." Andy replied. I loved when he said such vile things like that. "And what of the children? They're still missing and I know you know where they're at."