𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞.

"and he kissed you just like that?"

l/n y/n sat in front of baji f/n with a warm cup of tea in her hands, looking down at her drink with a tired look on her face as she nodded at her friend's words.

it's been three days since the banquet- three days since kokonoi hajime made a move on her and kissed her under the moonless night sky.

of course, the two never brought up the kiss since then- tension growing more and more as they stayed in the same office together.

the warm ambiance was way better than the icky, stuffy office that she was used to cooping inside off.

which is why the young manager decided to up and leave her office even just for a little while, she couldn't handle being under the silver-haired man's gaze any longer- and she was to stay there, she'd surely melt.

"and... you kissed him back? honey, i don't see what's wrong with that. i'm just happy that you got to move on from you know who."

f/n said, noticing the perplexed look on her friend's face as she continued swirling her already cold tea.

"that's the problem- i haven't moved on yet."

silence dawned upon the two women, the soft buzzing from the television acted as some sort of white noise to avoid complete silence between them.

the (r/h/c) haired assistant knew that y/n really did like mitsuya, but it also pained her to see the woman clinging onto that little sliver of hope for the past twelve years.

she was well aware that you really can't forget your first love- but she just wanted to hit her friend on the head because she's clinging onto a married man. god forbid that the young manager will do something as sinister as what she had in mind.

f/n sighed, caressing her big baby bump to soothe her stressed-out mind.

"y/n, dear- it's been ten years. surely all of your feelings towards takashi are all gone."

(e/c) eyes looked like they were in a daze, peering into the warm-colored drink at hand as she absentmindedly hummed at her friend's words.

"do you think that maybe it's all in your mind?" this made y/n look up, brows furrowed in confusion as she saw the comforting smile that f/n gave her.

"what do you mean by that?"

"what if your heart has already moved on from him but your mind just doesn't want to admit it."

at that moment, the (h/c) haired woman tensed on her seat- hands feeling clammy and her heart thumping on her chest at a fast pace.

she knows where this is going- knows what her friend is about to say next, but she just doesn't want to admit it.

"you're in love with kokonoi hajime, y/n."

"your mind may see him as mitsuya takashi at the moment- but it's all in your head. i know that your heart was thumping that night, why can't you just admit it?"

if it was only possible to trade your mind to a new one, she could- she really would.

"but- but i always mistake him for mitsuya... whenever i'm with him, i can still feel his presence as if there was a phantom following me." f/n looked at her in pity, sighing as a small smile etched itself on her features.

she knows what the (h/c) haired girl was feeling right now- it was a mix of confusion, sadness and disbelief. actually, it did pain her a little when her friend told her that she saw mitsuya in another man, but as she said- it's all in her head.