001. beginning of the summer

Tatum is up in her room, scrolling through her phone. She hears a car horn honk making her sit up.

"They're here!" She hears her mom call out. Tatum quickly gets out of bed, rushing downstairs.

She gets outside where her mom and Laurel are hugging and Jeremiah and Steven are talking to each other. Tatum squeals as she runs to Belly who has a similar excited reaction.

The two laugh as they tightly hug.

"Oh, my God, you're beautiful." Tatum compliments as they pull away. 

"You say that every summer." Belly softly laughs.

"Well, it's true every summer." Tatum states, gently bumping her hip with Belly's, the Conklin girl laughing.

"Well, you look beautiful, too." Belly says.

"Thank you." Tatum smiles. "Hi!" She grins at Laurel, hugging the woman.

"Hi, Tatum." Laurel hugs her back.

Tatum smiles, looking around, stopping when she turns to Steven.

"Hey." She smiles.

"Hey." Steven nods a little, the two sharing a brief hug.

"You got taller. Didn't know that was possible." She jokes.

The moms go inside, Jeremiah walking back over and he and Steven start to talk while Tatum stands by. Steven glances over, noticing Belly and Conrad.

"Hey, guys, guys." Steven calls. "I mean, I-I don't know about you, but I..." Steven pretends to check a watch, Jeremiah doing the same. "Well, I-I think it's time..."

"For a..." Steven and Jeremiah both start. "Belly flop!"

Belly starts to go inside but Steven catches her. She escapes his grasp, running off, the other four chasing her. Conrad catches her and Jeremiah and Steven lift up Belly's legs. Tatum laughs as she follows them to the backyard to the pool.

"One... two... three!" The boys all count as they swing Belly back and forth until they drop her into the water.

"How's the water?" Jeremiah asks after Belly swims up.

"Guys, I hurt my ankle." Belly says. "Come on." She holds a hand out. Conrad walks over and grabs her hand to help her up. But instead, she yanks him into the water.

+++

They're eating dinner and Steven and Jeremiah laugh while the former is on his phone.

"Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket." Laurel threatens.

"It's just... we want to see your beautiful faces." Susannah says. "Can dinner be a screen free  zone? You know, like the olden days."

"Steven." Jeremiah says, noticing the older boy still on his phone. He quickly snatches Steven's phone and throws it into the screen basket.

"Dude, are you kidding me?" Steven asks.

"Boom! Nailed it." Jeremiah grins.

"Okay, okay, okay, we get it, you've been working out." Steven says, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, you're just jealous because Jere has a betty body than you." Belly quips.

"Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now. Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits." Steven says making everybody else laugh.

"Tailored suits." Conrad quietly echoes.

"When are you leaving for training camp, man?" Steven asks him.