We Do a Little Bit of Clowning || Yeowon

"Balloons for a dollar! Get a balloon for a dollar!" Yeojin yelled, holding an orange balloon in her hand. On the outside, she looked like a clown, literally. She had clown makeup on and wore the costume and everything. On the inside, she wanted to cry. But she needed to pay her tuition somehow. So as long as no one recognized her-

"Yeojin? Is that you?"

Fuck. Shit. Oh fuck no. Yeojin could recognize that voice from anywhere. Maybe if she ran away fast enough-

"C-Chaewon! Hi!!" Yeojin spoke before finishing her thoughts. Her voice cracked at the end, and she considered throwing herself off of one of the many roller coasters in the amusement park. Chaewon. Her classmate, her long-time crush, with beauty that could rival one of a goddess, was here, in front of her. Said crush was with a group of girls she did not know. They were giggling to each-other while glancing at her once in a while. She shuffled around uncomfortably and made herself look smaller than she already was, suddenly feeling self-concious. 

Chaewon stood in front of her with a soft smile Yeojin had to do everything in her power to not melt right then and there. "Don't worry about them, they're making fun of each-other." Yeojin untensed a little. "Well- It's nice seeing you here..." Yeojin held her hand out to give Chaewon a handshake. Or should she give her a high-five? No.. that's too friendly. But a handshake's too formal! What should she do?

"Yeojin?" Chaewon questionned the smaller girl.

"Y-yes!" Yeojin stuttered, being brought out of her thoughts.

"Your balloon flew away."

Yeojin looked at her hand, and indeed, the balloon was gone. She used the hand that was holding the balloon to give Chaewon a handshake.

"....Oh." Yeojin's ears turned bright red, contrasting the white makeup on her face. They felt so hot Yeojin thought they were probably the same color as her clown nose.

Oh my god she still looked like a clown. In front of Chaewon. And in front of Chaewon's friends. Chaewon's group giggled behind the pair of girls. Today is a terrible day, Yeojin thought.

Chaewon gave Yeojin a reassuring smile. "It's okay, I'll pay for it. A dollar, right?" She asked as she pulled out her wallet. Yeojin's eyes widened. "NO! I mean- No, you don't have to. You didn't even get the ballon anyway, unless you actually want one then I can give one to you- but they're pretty expensive and I wouldn't want you to waste an entire dollar for it-" Yeojin stopped when she felt a finger press to her lips. Chaewon shushed her with the same smile. "You're cute." She giggled at the shorter girl and brought her hand up to pinch the girl's cheek. Yeojin was exploding on the inside. Chaewon handed her a one dollar bill, then gave her a five dollar bill. Yeojin took the bills, then looked up at her questioningly. "But the balloon was a dollar..?" She asked more than stated. Chaewon tilted her head. "I know."

Yeojin's eyes widened when she realized what Chaewon wanted. "Oh! You want some balloons?" She asked the girl, voice filled with surprise. She didn't think Chaewon would actually buy one, but Chaewon simply shook her head. "No... It's just a small tip. And it's not a balloon I want to hold." Chaewon clasped her hands behind her back. She moved closer and leaned down. Yeojin felt Chaewon's breath hit her ear, and she stopped breathing. "Maybe I can hold your hand next time." Chaewon whispered. She moved away and gave Yeojin a kiss on the cheek before walking away with her friends, leaving Yeojin standing there, speechless.

It took Yeojin a while to recollect and process her thoughts, then it hit her like a freight train.

"EHHHHHH?????" Yeojin put her face in her hands, ears burning. A few faces turned in her direction, questionning why the balloon selling clown was having a crisis. Chaewon? Holding her hand? Yeojin couldn't even fathom the idea, but then her crush said it herself! She screamed into her hands, once again gaining the attention of passerbys who were concerned for her well-being.

And Chaewon kissed her cheek. Oh my god she kissed her cheek. Yeojin made a food of herself during their entire interaction and Chaewon still kissed her cheek. She stayed with her hands on her face for minutes, mind going haywire at the events that happened today.

When Yeojin pried her hands away, she noticed the white makeup and red lipstick stuck to her palms and fingers. She really did talk to her crush with a clown costume on. Yeojin could only laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. But for now, she guessed she had to cut it short for the day. It was an overwhelming day for her, anyway. She doubted she would've been able to continue.

Still, she thought, today was a good day.

Yeojin started packing her stuff before feeling a tug on her costume.

Chaewon watched Yeojin from afar. A smile was present on her lips. "Didn't expect to see your crush here." Hyeju stated behind Chaewon before taking a seat next her. Chaewon nodded. 

Out of nowhere, Hyeju burst into boisterous laughter. Chaewon side-eyed the girl, thinking her friend had finally gone insane. "God, you really flirted when her when she had a clown costume on. Honestly, Chaewon, you're the one who's an absolute clown." Hyeju poked Chaewon's sides while making fun of her. 

"Oh, shut up." Chaewon muttered, ears reddening. "She was cute, okay?"

"Well, according to you she's always cute." Hyeju pointed out, recalling the countless number of times Chaewon would say so. Both girls watched Yeojin interacting with a little boy as they waited for their other friends to get ice cream. "She's a good person." Hyeju observed the kid's grin as Yeojin tied a pink balloon to his wrist.

"So... You would hold her hand next time, huh?" Hyeju teased Chaewon with her own flirtatious line.

"Shut up..." Chaewon countered weakly as she watched Yeojin leave the park with a grin plastered on her face.

______

finally wrote something after two months woo go me!!! not proofread just getting over this headcannon quickly before moving on to another