Terror

I woke up to screams.

It sounded like it was right next to me, and I bolted out of bed to see what was going on.

Amy.

She was standing just on the steps of the RV, door open and a dead one biting desperately into her arm.

I gasped, and the dead halted its movements before glancing up at me with its glazed over eyes.

Hands shaking I looked around for a gun, anything, to kill it and came up empty. In my panic I stumbled backwards into the bathroom, the dead crawling into the RV once Amy collapsed.

Almost as if smelling my fear it appeared in the doorway, growling with Amy's flesh dangling in its teeth.

I almost screamed, covering my mouth at the last second. I could feel the tears pooling in my eyes at the sight. Poor Amy...she was so nice to me.

The dead guy stumbled over his own feet and collapsed near my feet, grabbing at my calf. This time I didn't hold back my scream and tried to shake it off. Its grip was like death itself, clinging to me so hard I tried to scramble away. When my back hit the tub I was at a standstill and the dead made its advance faster, so desperate for my flesh it was terrifying.

I could feel its nasty rotten breath on my neck and with all my strength I shoved hard on its neck, feeling the goop seperate under my fingers.

Taking a deep breath I tried not to vomit, pushing it back harder and screaming with everything I had, hoping someone would come, or I'd be this guys dessert.

All of a sudden I felt the dead go slack, making him fly off of me with the pressure I was shoving into him. Gasping for air I looked up, seeing Rick.

"R-Rick..." I whimpered and climbed my way over the dead, reaching for him. He grimaced, grabbing a hold of me and holding me close to him.

"I got you. It's ok." He whispered sweet nothings to me for a little bit until I calmed down, and that's when I noticed Daryl standing a few feet away.

Reaching for him he complied, softly grabbing me from Rick and giving me a hug, putting my head near his neck so I could breathe in his scent. It calmed me down even more, and once I got my breathing back in order I pulled away and looked between the two of them.

"What happened?" My voice was barely a whisper when I spoke, and the two men shook their heads sadly.

"Walkers got in, Merle says some guys knew we were here, been tracking us a while. They distracted Merle and the group that was in Atlanta while they led the walkers here." Rick spoke first, rubbing my back as I took in his words.

"How many..." I couldn't finish my sentence, too choked up just thinking about it. The people that I just spoke to yesterday could all be dead...so many innocent lives that took me in without even thinking could just be gone.

Daryl's gruff voice broke the silence, "Carol's husband...Amy. The bastard who held you captive is also gone. Good fuckin' riddance." I tensed after hearing that he was dead. Why did it have to take so long for the world to take him out? I finally felt a sense of tension I didn't even know I had built up relieve in an instance.

I blew out a deep breath, nodding.

"I'm gonna...go see if I can help. Carol might need...I just...."My thoughts felt jumbled and I looked at both of them before they nodded, leading me out of the RV.

Stepping onto the ground felt like a fever dream. Seeing so many dead people, whether they were walkers or one of us felt so horrid.

I looked at where Amy was, laying lifeless on the ground with a women hovering close.

I assumed this was Andrea, Amy's sister, and couldn't help myself from tearing up once again.

Feeling Rick's hand on my shoulder I looked up at him and he nodded towards where Carol was standing next to Sophia.

I quickened my pace towards the two and stopped right in front of Carol, my bottom lip trembling so hard I felt it was going to fall off. Carol looked at me only once before both girls fell into my waiting arms. I squeezed them both as hard as I could manage and felt Sophia's little hands squeezing me back just as hard.

"I'm so sorry..." I whispered into Carol's ear and she pulled away shaking her head.

"It's ok....I....we can make it ourselves. We have to." I nodded at her, before offering to watch Sophia and take her away from the scene once I saw the others start to grab bodies.

Rick and Daryl gave me hugs before going their separate ways to help the others. I grabbed Sophia's hand and headed towards the other kids, offering to watch them and help them grieve while their parents did the same.

*************************************************

Ok so I know I haven't been updating this recently but I've had so many finals these past couple of weeks I hope you all can forgive me

I'm trying to make this my own story so the events won't all add up the same as in the show and there may be some characters who live who originally die

I know it's a short and sad chapter but it's something

I hope you guys like it so far!