CH.4

The alarm on my phone goes off and I get up for work, rubbing the sleep out of my eye. Across the house, I could hear Yuqi's alarm go off. Right, she's my roommate now. I get up and take a shower. I finish quickly and go outside to see Yuqi wrapped up in a blanket on her phone.

     "Morning" I call before grabbing a cake bite from the fridge. She looks up from her phone and gives me a smile.

     "Morning, Yeonie! Have fun at work! Remember our deal!" She yells as I leave the house, a Hot-Hands in each of my pockets. I drive to work and go into my office, going through paperwork and emails for hours on end. Once it hit noon, I was officially most definitely bored out of my mind. I heard a (ding!) from my phone and immediately reach for it, desperate for any social interaction at all.

Shushu❤️

Unnie, are you free tonight? We're all

going bowling and drinking

Soybean🫶🏻

No. I have work Shu, you know this

Shushu❤️

No you fucking don't😭 get your                                  ass to Bae's Bowling by nine or I'll                              come get you myself. Saranghaeyo~

————————————

With no other choice, I groan and stuff my face into a couch cushion. I get back to work by 1 and luckily, I finish before the meeting starts. I rush to the meeting rooms and make it just in time. I sit in my usual spot, taking out my laptop and setting up a new doc. I shouldn't even be here. They just wanted to slack, so now I'm here at the meeting my dumb coworkers were supposed to attend picking up their shit for them. The meeting starts and I'm typing away at the speed of light. The superiors talk about budget range, revenue, ect. I was about to fall asleep when they concluded the meeting. I put my laptop back into my bag and rush out after thanking everyone and saying goodbye. I shoot Yuqi a text.

Captain Soyeon

Ya, I'm on my way. My tea better

be steaming hot~

Woogi

already on it miss🫡

I drive out of the company parking lot and head toward the cafe. I rush out of the car to see a CLOSED sign in my face.

"Woogi-ya! Open up, it's cold out here!" I call for the girl, who rushes out to open the door, smiling down at me.

"Hello, Miss Soyeon. Your lavender tea is waiting on the counter, made fresh with a tea bag and my love" I fakes a gag and walked inside. "So how was the meeting?"

"Boring, I almost fell asleep! Twice! In thirty minutes!" I sip my tea, it tastes better than normal. "Oh, and I won't be home till late tonight, I'm going out with friends. You can do what ever to the house, I really don't care"

"Alright"

"Want a ride home? You won't have to take the bus" She accepts my offer and we head home together. "Oh, it's raining!" I love the rain. She hums as  I give her aux and she shuffles her playlist. "Twice? Nice taste" Yuqi shrugs.

"You know I used to think the words to Cheer Up were shut up baby? I would sing it loud and proud too" I let out a laugh. We reach the house and I rush to get changed. It's already eight thirty and I'm supposed to be there by nine. Angry Shuhua is a Scary Shuhua. I throw on a pair of wide legged jeans and a blue shirt. Grabbing my bag and my phone, I yell a goodbye to Yuqi before rushing back outside to get into my car.