Chapter 1: Old Faces

Owen's P.O.V:
Today we have a trauma coming in, two old people hit another car and caused a pileup, that's all the information we have so that's what we're working with. All of our kids are currently at the hospital with us, they are in the conference room doing school. Right now, Alex, April, Link and myself are waiting to offload the ambulances, they are about 5 minutes out.

5 minutes later

Third Person P.O.V:

Owen, Alex, April and Derek went out to the ambulance bay just as the ambulance pulled up. They opened the doors and the paramedics brought them into the hospital while they set up two trauma rooms for them. When they went back inside the hospital Haley was there, Haley is the daughter of Jackson and April Avery.

"AAH!!." Haley screamed as she saw who the ambulance brought in. As she stopped screaming, everyone in the ER stared at her, before her mother finally ran over to her. "Haley? Baby what's wrong?" April asked her daughter as she looked over to the gurneys and finally recognized the faces of the people they brought in. "What are they doing here! Mom, what are they doing here!" Haley yelled. April just looked at her daughter in concern. "Okay, honey let's go sit down." April tried to calm her down. "Page Jackson." She told Owen.

In OR 3 Jackson, Meredith and Arizona are doing a surgery on a 12 year old boy who needs facial reconstruction, has a rare heart condition and a rare disease.

"Dr Avery." Nurse Jackie called out to him. "Yeah?" He asked. "Dr Hunt is paging you to the ER." She told him. "Can it wait?" He asked her. "It's a 911 for Haley Arizona, he said you'd know what he meant." The nurse revealed, causing Meredith and Arizona to look at him. "Jackson you should go, it's probably important." Meredith told him. "Yeah, we can take care of everything here, go check on my goddaughter." Arizona added. "Um, okay, someone page Dr. Sloan." Jackson told them.

A couple minutes later Mark came into the OR, to take Jackson's place. "Hey, what's up?" Mark asked Jackson. "Um, I've been paged to the ER for Haley, can you finish this for me?" Jackson asked Mark. "Haley? Is everything okay?" Mark wondered. "I don't know." Jackson replied as he walked out.

In the ER April, Owen, Alex and Derek were sitting down with Haley, trying to get her to breathe.

Jackson ran down the stairs and into the ER, where he found them all sitting down with his oldest daughter. He walked over to them and April looked up as she saw her husband. "Hey, what happened?" He asked as he sat next to Haley. "Harrison and Glenda are here." Derek told Jackson. "What do you mean here, like in Seattle?" Jackson questioned. "No here, like in the hospital." April revealed. "Okay, maybe we should go home." Jackson insisted. "Yeah, let me just go call someone in for my shift." April said.

"What's wrong with them? Why- why, why are they in the hospital, are they sick, are they okay, are they gonna die, how long are they gonna be here, why are they in Seattle, there are hospitals where they live?" Haley ranted, she was really scared at that point. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, breathe baby." Jackson said to his daughter as he took her hands and started breathing with her. "NO! Dad you don't understand! You didn't live with them for over almost a decade, you don't know all of the stuff that happened, I thought that I wouldn't have to see them again." Haley kept yelling as she stood up. She started yelling even more, throwing her hands around, and crying.

All of a sudden through all of her screaming and crying she just stopped and passed out

All of a sudden through all of her screaming and crying she just stopped and passed out. "Haley!" April yelled. Again, getting the attention of some people in the ER. "April step back." Alex told her. "What? No!" April exclaimed. "Both of you step back! She's your daughter, you can't treat her." Alex yelled at her. "She passed out, she's not dying Alex." April said to him. "Still, please step back." Alex insisted. Alex and Derek took Haley to try and wake her up, Alex being a pediatric surgeon and all. They could all tell that she was stressed and really scared.

You see, Haley and the others never told their parents exactly what happened with their grandparents, just that they did something bad and they couldn't live with them anymore.

April Kepner Avery's P.O.V:

About 2 hours ago, Harrison and Glenda Carson were brought into the hospital, and unfortunately Haley saw them. Ever since then she's been freaking out and she wouldn't stop crying. About an hour ago she passed out. In the past two years since we've known Haley, we've noticed that she has a tendency to stop breathing sometimes and then pass out, specifically when she's stressed. We don't actually know what happened with their grandparents, just that they are very scared of them for some reason.

Jackson and myself were sitting down in Haley's room. She was checked into the hospital in the pediatrics unit, because her heart went to an unusual rate, that was way too high for a 16 year old, and then she had some sort of a P.T.S.D episode and passed out. Anyway, we were sitting next to her bed when all of a sudden she woke up.

"Hey baby, how are you feeling?" Jackson asked her as she woke up. "Hi daddy, I'm fine, I'm sorry I passed out." She apologized. "It's okay, you can't control something like that." I tried to comfort her. "Are they still here?" She asked us with a frown on her face. "Yeah, they're in the ICU and somehow they know you're here, because they want to talk to all of you." Jackson admitted to her. "What! N-no, no I'm not talking to them." She started to stutter and freak out a bit. "Hey, it's okay, we didn't say you had to talk to them, we only said that they wanted to talk to you." I said to her.

"They want to talk to all 12 of us?" She questioned. "Yeah, they want to have a conversation with all 12 of you... alone." Jackson explained. "What did the others say?" Haley asked us. "They said, um, they said that they would talk to them, but if you didn't want to then they wouldn't either." I told her. "If they all want to talk to them, then I guess I will, but when?" She wondered. "Honey you don't have to talk to them just to please your cousins, I'm sure they would all understand." I said.

"You don't understand mom, they're not just my cousins, we went through everything together, especially me and Christian." She admitted. "Okay, well they want to see you all at 5, today, in your room." Jackson revealed. "That's in an hour." Haley realized. "Yeah, we know, your cousins are gonna come in with you in about 5 minutes, but your brothers and sisters wanted to talk to you first." Jackson explained. "We'll be outside if you need anything." I said as Jackson and I left the room.

Third Person P.O.V:

Jackson and April left the room and all five of Haley's siblings walked in. "Hey sis." Spencer said as he walked over and sat on her bed, while Heaven, Samuel, Harriett and Steven sat in the chairs at the side. Haley and Spencer were always the closest, but she loved all of her siblings. They always wore the same colors and they even took the same classes in high school, while always making sure to sit next to each other.

"Hey Sammy, so what did you guys want to talk about." Haley asked her siblings. "Are you okay?" Steven asked his sister. "What do you mean? Of course I'm okay, Steve." Haley said, but it sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than her brother. "Hales, what happened with them? We're not kids, we're literally almost the same age, you can tell us." Spencer asked her. "Spence, my secrets have nothing to do with how old you guys are, and I don't ever want it to. I have secrets because I'm not ready to share them, but not because I don't want to." Haley explained to them.

"Okay, but you don't have to be scared to tell us, we can keep a secret, it's sibling code." Harriett told her. "Okay, I'm gonna tell you something, but it's very personal and it's something that I haven't even told mom and dad yet." She said. "Okay, we're listening, no judgement, no comments, just listening." Samuel told her, taking Haley's hands. "before we left our grandparents house, some things were happening there, between us and them. They used to abuse us, a lot, and they r... they raped us." Haley admitted as she started to tear up.

"Oh Haley." Sam said as he hugged his sister. "I'm fine, I just was tired of keeping it a secret." She told them. "Well just know that we're here for you, but it looks like, the others are here, so we'll be here if you need us, and we love you sissy." Heaven said to Haley before all 3 of them left the room. "I love you guys too." Haley whispered, letting it be known but not letting them hear it.

- Jess Tatch Gould