Chapter 6: Travis Williams

Third Person P.O.V:

"Who's Travis Williams?" April asked her daughter. "He's our dad's first cousin." Jessica told her aunt. "Is he safe to be around? Why haven't we heard about him in the last 6 years?" Alex asked his daughter. "He just got out of prison. He's been there serving a 14 year sentence. We've only met him a couple times, and even then we were two. Our grandparents told us about him and showed us the pictures." Jessica explained. "How do you even remember things like that?" Brie asked her cousins. "Well no offence Brie, but Jess and Hals always paid more attention than any of us anyway." Beau told Brie. "That is so not true! All of the girls paid more attention than the boys. That's why we spent less time down in the--." Brie stopped herself from saying anything.

Beau looked away from her and Brie looked so guilty and sorry. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say that." Brie told her cousin. "It's okay. We know you didn't realize what you were saying." Christian told her. "Anyway, what are we gonna do about him?" Lucas asked his parents, aunts and uncles. "I am going to open the door and see what he wants. And if he wants one of you then I am going to knock him out." Mark explained as all the kids went over to their parents and they all stood there patiently. Mark went over and opened the door. "Hi, how can I help you?" Mark asked politely. "I'm looking for some family members of mine. Would you be able to help Mr...?" Travis questioned. "Sloan. Dr. Mark Sloan actually." Mark told him.

"Sorry, Dr. Sloan. Would you be able to help me? I believe at least one of them is in this house and I don't know if you're aware but I have a legal right to see them." Travis demanded. "Well Mr...?" Mark questioned this time. "Travis. Travis Williams." He revealed. "Well Mr Williams. I don't know if you're aware but after a child gets adopted into a family, the biological family no longer has any rights towards them and therefore has to asked the adoptive family for anything regarding the children." Mark said. "So you do have at least one in there am I correct?" He asked Mark. "I do. My son is there, but that is none of your business, because he is MY son." Mark argued with Travis. "Tell the kids that their grandparents are looking for them." Travis sneered at him.

"Tell their grandparents that they will no longer have anything to do with my kid or my nieces and nephews. Tell Harrison and Glenda that child abuse is illegal and they are lucky that we haven't reported anything yet. But so help me god, if anyone from your family ever touches one of those kids ever again, all of you will regret ever trying to have contact with them." Mark ranted as he slammed the door shut in Travis's face. "Whoa, you handled that well." Lexie was impressed with her husband. "Well I take their safety very seriously." Mark insisted. "So he's gone? Like he's not coming in or coming back?" Lucas asked his parents. "I don't know. But he's gone for now." Mark told his son. All the parents looked around at the worry on their kids faces.

"Okay guys it's getting late. I think that everyone should start getting ready for bed." Callie told all of the kids, and some of the parents too. "That's a great idea. And then tomorrow we can all sit down together and try to figure something out." Derek joined in. All of the kids headed upstairs and into their assigned bedrooms and got ready for bed. The parents all went into their rooms, but none of them fell asleep until they were sure that all of the kids were safe and sleeping. It was a pretty peaceful night, besides the sounds of sirens and ambulances outside, just like every night living in Seattle. Some of the kids were restless for a little while, but they eventually calmed down once they realized that it was safe in that house.

After finally settling all of the kids away, the adults went to sit in the living room, deciding to stay awake for another little while, in case one of them woke up. "Haley's been having nightmares." Jackson revealed. "So has Lucas and Jessica." Lexie told everyone. "Same with Beau." Amelia sighed. "What are we gonna do? Four kids out of those 12, plus some of our other kids are having them too. There has to be something we can do for them." Jo insisted. "How many other kids are having nightmares?" Meredith asked with a frown. Jo spoke up first.

"Hayden. Paul found him and Luna in the mall the other day. He's been terrified ever since. Paul told him that he was gonna have to live with him again." Jo got angry just thinking about it. "He found you guys!" Izzie worried for the safety of her children who she shares with Alex. "Don't worry Iz. Eli and Alexis don't even know exactly what happened, they only know that Hayden and Luna aren't allowed to live with their dad." Alex assured her. "They do live with their dad. That man was never their dad." Jo insisted, making Alex smile. "This month is just going from bad to worse." Teddy sighed. When everyone stopped talking they heard someone coming down the stairs. It was Lucas.

"Hey honey." Lexie said as she saw her son. "Hey mom." Lucas replied as he sat next to his mother. "Everything okay?" Mark asked his son. "I'm fine. I just can't sleep." He admitted. "Why? What's wrong?" Lexie wondered. "Can I talk to you about something?" Lucas looked over to his Uncle Derek. "Of course you can. Let's go up to my room." Derek told him, and Lucas followed his uncle up to him room, getting more and more anxious about the conversation they were about to have.