Chapter 4: Explanations

A.N: I don't really have much to say, so... ENJOY!

=================
7/10/2021 7.30 PM

"Excuse me, what?" I was blown off by this entirely. How? And what?

A... sorceress jagd. This was... German, if I recalled correctly... meaning "Sorceress Hunting."

What in the world?

What do they mean by sorceress?

Forget it. Just what the hell is going on in this place? It almost... seems like the underworld or something.

Does this mean that these people're going to kill someone? Why?

I stood silent, staring at their faces. They looked genuinely ready for battle.

"Take my hand, okay?" Drei asked me gently. I did as she told, and tried to keep my grip as light as I could. Her hands were very soft; it was as if they belonged to a princess or something.

A giddy feeling ran through my stomach, followed by a sudden flaw in the scenery, making it look warped, and in a second, Drei and I were standing in front of a huge apartment complex building.

I pulled my hand out of hers, and looked around wildly. There was no doubt: this was Roxbury, which was nearly a 20-minute drive from my apartment in Charlestown!

"Please tell me something this instant, Drei," I called her 'name' with extra emphasis, "What the hell are you people?"

"Oh, us?" She clapped her hands together as if brushing off dust and continued, "We're superheroes!" A bright answer followed.

This was unbelievable.

I was about to call her out on being so stupidly nonchalant, but she said something to cut me off when I opened my mouth, "I'm serious. It's true. I mean, didn't you see the powers we demonstrated to you in our base?"

I did. But this is too crazy. I just nodded at her. She explained further.

"They're called 'Arcane Abilities'. See, we were born with them. And then we were invited to this place... 'The Organisation', and kept as test subjects for as long as we... or rather... I can remember."

Test subjects. That should mean that they were separate from normal humanity... and as a result, they had to be kept away. I'm pretty sure I can imagine the reactions of those who raised them when they were children... or I can try to, anyway.

Drei led me into the building park and plopped down onto a bench. I sat grimly next to her.

"What... about your parents and relatives?" I asked tentatively.

"We had to leave them. I don't even remember my own parents anymore, see. Then after some tests and some torture was done on us, we started having a bit of control on these abilities, like we do now.

"We were given these number nicknames, like Ein, Zwei... well, y'know. Anyway, these seem to go like last to first. Vier has the best control in his abilities and is the most powerful when using them; he's top dog. So he's the most trusted too.

"Then there's me, then Zwei, and Ein's still learning and everything so he's the bottom of the barrel."

Torture. They were tortured.

And also, the most powerful among them is the brat?! How come? He's tiny, and stays so quiet!

What hit me most was that they... this band of quirks, were just like me. Except the fact that they were taken against their will from their families, and I lost mine against my will, we are the same.