Clingy Respen x anxious reader

I was on a ship, on my way to Esperia. To see the "windchild" or my friend Respen. I had to leave him for a couple weeks to go to this other island to work. I made to Esperia, and got off the boat happily. I always had anxiety no matter what, when I'm on a boat I'm scared it's gonna sink and I'll drown, I'm not the best at swimming, which isn't the best thing for someone who rides a boat almost every 4 months.

I walked through the village to a small forest I went into the forest to look for Respen, who surprisingly wasn't there. I walked around for a bit before deciding that I might as well just go to my house, since he usually just hung out at my house when I was gone I thought he might be there. I unlocked the door walking in.

"OH- Hey, Y/n!" Respen greeted, "Hey!" I ran up to him and hugged him, squeezing him tighter than I meant too. "I-i can't breathe-" He seemed to struggle to say. "Ahh, I'm sorry!" I let go of him nervously, "I was just worried about you while I was gone, and when I couldn't find you I got scared." I chuckled staring at the floor.

"Hey I'll be okay!" He said staring at me. "Okay" I answered laughing quietly. "Why do you have to leave every couple months though? I miss you when you're gone, and don't think I don't worry about you!" He said taking a deep breath. I looked up at him and chuckled, "yknow, I gotta go to other places so I can work, I'm sorry!" I answered his question.

"I knowww but can't you work here?... where I can be close to you?" He asked with a small smile knowing that you might agree. "I'm sorry but this is a high-paying job.." I said back, "can't you just quit for mee?" He asked emphasizing the for me.
I sighed. I knew he wouldn't give up until I did what he had wanted, I mean he seems to need me around.

"Fine.." I huffed out crossing my arms over my chest kind of mad. He smiled triumphantly, making me regret saying fine. He hugged me holding me close to him. His head was in the crook of my neck. I had my head kind of beside his as I hugged him back. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable so I just placed my hands on his back.

His warm breath tickled my neck softly. I took my chances and laid my head on his. He sighed making my body tense up. He chuckled, "Well wanna go out somewhere?" He asked me pulling out of the hug and facing me, now noticing how red my cheeks were. He had a small smile on his face.

"I uhm, sure, yeah!" I said nervously, "mm great!" He said, I blushed more. He grabbed my hand leading me out of the house and thought the village, towards the forest. I tried to keep up kind of having trouble. He ran so fast. I watched as he ran he looked so happy. I followed silently, blushing once I realized that we were still holding hands.

He finally stopped as we made it into this quiet kind of dark place. I looked around amazed that he had found this place. "Do you like it?" He asked looking at my face trying to read my expression. "It's... Awesome!" I said scaring him at the first word but making him happy when you said you liked it.

He sat down leaning against a tree trunk, patting the empty spot of grass next to him for me to sit down. I walked over amd sat down next to him, making sure I was really close to him. I did this to see how he would react and plus I wanted to be close to him.

He just sat there normally, and closed his eyes. He seemed so comfortable in his position. I just sat there awkwardly because I had thought he fell asleep.

"You're so cute." I mumbled to myself reaching over and moving a strand of hair out of his face. He just sat against the tree, motionless. I watched him sleep for a little bit before laying down beside his sitting place and falling asleep myself.

I woke up at something feeling something moving around, I opened my eyes slowly seeing Respens widened eyes really close to mine. My face turned red, and I got up hurriedly, "I-im so sorry, oh my God, I can't believe that I did that!" I apologized so hurriedly that he hadn't even processed what happened.

He just frowned at me because I got up so quickly, but I thought he was mad because I had started moving around and ended up with my arms around his torso and holding him close to me. I apologized once more before running to hide because I started to have an anxiety attack.

I hid behind a tree maybe 1000 feet away from where we were. My knees were weak and I was breathing so heavily I felt dizzy. I just sat on the ground breathing heavily, having a scared anxiety filled feeling. I heard a tree snap and I covered my head scared for what was to come.

"Hey are you alright?" I heard Respen ask softly as he walked over amd sat beside me.
"N-no" I said now crying into my knees.
"It's okay." He said referring to me holding him. "B-but you se-seemed upset" I sniffled. "No, I wasn't I just.." He paused not knowing how to explain it to me, "You just?" I asked nervously.

"I didn't want you to leave, okay?!" He huffed out. "I like you.. alot." He said quietly. My face turned red, "and I wanna be the only one that calls you cute it shouldn't be the other way around! I'm not cute!" He protested. I chuckled as he continued on about how I shouldn't call him cute.

I lifted my head and turned towards him putting my hands on either side of his head, nervously moving my face closer to his, he pressed his lips against mine. I blushed, we kissed for a moment, before pulling away.
"Uhm well you wanna go back to my house?" I asked looking into his eyes, whom I always thought were so beautiful.

"Nah, let's just stay here." He said smiling at me softly.

(1097 words)