𝟭𝟱 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡

──────────────────────────

"Stevie?"

He could hear the exasperation in her voice. "I told you to call me now, not fifteen minutes later!"

Jackson glanced down the hall, at his dorm room specifically, where Kai was lounging about. He left him there to call Stevie, assuming that she wouldn't want Kai to poke his pointy nose into her and Jackson's business. 

"About that..." The Campbell lowered his voice. "I'm with Kai right now."

"Shit. Okay, I'll speak a little more quietly. Keep your reactions quiet too, okay?"

Jackson raised a brow but didn't object. "What's wrong?"

"You asked me to look into stuff about your mom, and something about Gemini and covens. I found something, and it's... it's fucking crazy."

Stevie was swearing? This must definitely be news. He shuffled closer to the telephone, gripping the cord in his left hand. "Just tell me."

"So I looked at records of your mom, Nora. I don't know if you remember this but her family is from New Orleans. They're all still there, as far as computers are concerned, but I'm not one hundred percent sure because databases aren't updated as often as they should be," Stevie spoke, and he could hear pages of a journal turn while she was talking. "But that's not it. I found a picture of her on a newspaper that you're gonna wanna see for yourself."

Jackson risked another look behind him momentarily, making sure the coast was clear. "Is there anything about... the other thing?"

"Holy shit, yeah. That Gemini coven thing is an actual coven, named the Gemini coven. Filled with people who claim to be witches. I fucking told you there was something fucked up about that psychotic freak."

He couldn't tell what he was feeling, this fog of confusion. Was he hallucinating this call? "What?"

"I found this book, I don't know how to describe it. It's sort of like a witch encyclopaedia? It talks about different covens and stuff, that's how I found out. I also managed to interview a grandma that lives on the edge of Downtown Portland. My mom mentioned once that the lady told everyone at her church that she could see the dead, so I figured I might as well try my luck. She said that the Gemini weirdos do this weird rituals with twins. She also baked really nice cookies."

"Rituals?" He could scarcely hear his own voice. 

"Yeah, I don't know if that's true. There's no evidence. Him and his freakshow of a family" Stevie stopped abruptly, with a gasp. "Oh my God. Jo... I didn't even think about her. Is she a weird freak that claims she's a witch too? I think I need to avoid her in our shared classes. Sad that she's been brainwashed to believe in that crazy talk."