Chapter 3

You let out an uncomfortable groan after your head hit the floor, opening your eyes only to see a very disgruntled looking Dave on top of you. He managed to catch himself relatively well, his hands on either side of your head, holding himself up. His shades had fallen off in the fall, and he was looking down at you with a pair of deep, vibrantly scarlet eyes.

"Wow," was all you managed to say as you looked into his eyes. He let out an uncomfortable cough and looked away. You too looked away, staring at the ceiling. After a moment, he got off of you and picked his shades up off of the ground.

He muttered a small "sorry" and sat down on his bed. It wasn't a very apologetic sounding 'sorry', it was more of a "Hey i fell on you and that was weird, lets forget about that forever now." You stood up off of the ground and took your place beside him.

"Why'd you put them back on?" You gestured to his shades, only to receive a sigh in return. After about a minute of silence, he slid the shades off of the bridge of his nose and folded them, setting them on the bed. You tried not to lean over so obviously, but you really needed another glimpse at those eyes.

You decided not to bombard him with questions, and instead reached over his lap to grab your notes. The two of you went over project ideas, and joked around a bit, seemingly back to normal now after the awkward fall.

~Timeskip~

A few weeks passed and the two of you quickly became good friends, hanging out over weekends, after school, mostly at his apartment. You'd grown so fond of his home that you would often just show up unexpectedly, and were welcomed with open arms. You'd managed to meet Dave's older brother, and wow Dave wasn't joking about anything he said, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Meeting him had gone something like this:

After about 3 visits to Dave's house, and countless attempts to convince Dave to let you meet his brother, he finally gave in. He lead you to the always partially open door and knocked a couple times. You were a bit anxious to meet this elusive Strider authority figure. A low grumbly noise came from the room, which dave seemed to take as an invitation.
He opened the door, revealing a dimly lit room. You'd thought Dave's sword filled fridge was odd, but compared to this room, that was nothing. Swords, clothes, and oddly shaped neon plush dolls were scattered about the room. Against the wall was a large white bed, and on it was a man. He wore a white shirt and a hat, which was covering his eyes, along with a pair of large triangular shades. He was rather intimidating, to say the least. He raised his hand up to lift the hat partially, and as soon as he saw you, he sat up.
"This yer girlfriend?" He had a relatively thick southern accent, which made you feel much less intimidated. Dave shook his head, keeping a straight face.
"This is (Y/N), she's my partner for a school project," it was now very obvious that he had yet to tell his brother about even your existence. 'Bro' as you had later learned to call him, gave you a thin smile and relaxed back into the pillows on his bed.
Just as Dave had turned to leave with you, he let out a loud yelp. You turned to look at him, startled, only to find an odd looking puppet with a really creepy smile, sitting on the floor before Daves feet.
Bro let out a chuckle, "Don't tell me you're still afraid a Cal." The fact that he said 'still' made you laugh to yourself. Had Dave and this puppet had traumatizing run-ins throughout his childhood? You'd definitely be getting more out of this story later.
Dave huffed and very carefully, and with much dislike, picked up the puppet and tossed him onto the bed with a shudder.
"Hey hey hey, be careful with the C Man. You know he's fragile," Bro frowned and picked up the puppet, caressing his hat gently and muttering something you couldn't hear. With a loud, over exaggerated sigh, Dave took your wrist and pulled you out of the room.

Wow, I'm hella sorry for the long wait. I had some super serious writers block, but thanks to a certain comment (you prolly know who you are) I got some ideas. Hopefully I did good, but I'm a bit disappointed with myself in how short these chapters are. I'm going to try to update more often, and your suggestions for the story would really help me out with that! Keep in mind, this story is for you! So I want it to be genuine,y satisfying for the reader, and while I am having a lot of fun writing this, I want you to have fun reading it even more than I am writing it. So please tell me what you want, and I will gladly interpret it into my- our, story.