Dare me once more (Part 2)

Y/N POV:

As they began to walk, Y/N slowly started to doubt if she could even trust the second in command due the lack of information about him. From what she heard he was no pleasant person to be around, so she was quite surprised about her own courage to accompany him.

With each step further she shook that frightful feeling off, and with a last turn back she made sure that no one saw her.

"Where are we going?" Y/N gave her best in hiding her burning excitement, hoping this would be no dumb idea. The second in command was a mystery himself, learning to know a place he liked might say something about him.

"It's a surprise." Felix gave back with a raspy chuckle, making a small game out of this. There was no turning back now, she already decided to come along. Y/N curiously watched his back as he shoved some branches aside, leading the way through the narrow bushes.

The cool breeze of the night was brushing past Y/N's skin, and the following shiver did not go unnoticed to the second in command. Without being asked he pulled his cloak from his shoulders and placed it over hers, revealing himself to her for the first time. His hair looked gray in the pale moonlight. They threw long shadows over his illuminated face, allowing to hide half of his expressions.

"Thank you." Y/N smiled up to him. "Are you always up that late at night?" She then asked and he gave a dry nod.

"It's the most adventurous time." Felix gave back with a soft smile. "Besides, I often have to patrol the island."

That must be lonely after all these years on Neverland and it did not really sound like fun. The second in command never opened up to someone, so his emotions were a big mystery, who could tell if he actually liked being alone. No boys dared to seize him up, no matter how careless Felix was. Was it out of fear or straight out respect towards their second in command? The girl almost forgot his title as she walked next to him, and that this was not any boy she accompanied but Pan's right hand himself. He had brought her onto patrol too, but no other girl or boy. Now he did it again. Y/N had to admit that interest towards him kept growing inside of her, but she was still not truly convinced that his feelings were mutual.

"Why bring me? What about the other boys and girls?" She asked with a frown, then replacing it with a brief smile in order not to seem too interrogating.

"I would rather be with you if I can." He said. No further explanation why. "Watch your steps." Felix then remarked, putting his flat hand against her to prevent another step forwards into a mess of big, tangling roots from the trees, their vines blocking the way. The second in command showed her a route through everything as if he studied the steps like a dancing choreography. Just as Felix left the tangling mess of trees and bushes, a small clearing was finally revealed hidden down the hills. She was rich with fruits and greens, large trees anchoring high up into the sky, encircling the rushing waterfall that crashed into a beautiful lagoon. But the most fascinating thing about this place were the flowers. Unlike daytime, that ocean of blossoms started to glow in a pinkish light, shimmering up into the sky, as if someone had set them on fire. It was beautiful. Y/N had to admit that she doubted Felix at first, but when she turned to him, the lost boy already gave her a goofy smirk.

"Wait for the best part." He grinned down at her with a wink, then grabbed for a stone to throw it far into the flower field. Her eyes followed the rock cautiously, not expecting anything wild. The second the stone hit the ground, her eyes widened in awe. The flowers revealed themselves to be a swarm of thousands butterflies, swiftly filling the night air like a burning storm, reflecting the moonlight with a sudden green-pinkish shimmering. Y/N looked at it in awe, her jaw slightly dropping as she just stared.