1

IMAGE ABOVE MADE BY: N/A. FOUND IN CRK
CWS: D3ATH MENTIONS, MILD SWEARING
NOTES: First chapter. So nothing happens.
WORD COUNT: 495

/-/

Cesar smiled. A new day!
He cheerfully looked around at his glum surroundings. It was better than nothing, right?
He just one day, found himself in the middle of the sidewalk, no memory of his past except his name, his friends, and that he had no family. He didn't remember what happened to them. (But he did remember everything else that wasn't his past.)
Luckily, he had a few thousand in a credit card he found in the pocket if his the pocket of his tailcoat, and so he used that to rent a small apartment. He didn't want to spend it all in one go, so..

He looked at the clock. It was 2 hours before school. He better get going.

/>/

Mark was a bit confused when Cesar showed up to school for the third time in a row. He had went missing months ago, and now he was just suddenly back, claiming he had forgotten everything. Everyone thought he died, yet here he was, cheerful and all.
Cesar skipped over to Mark. "Hey, Mark! It's such a beautiful day today, is it not?"
Mark looked nervous. The gray-ish blue skies were clouded with smoke and garbage was scattered around the road. Who would call this a 'nice day'?
"Yeah, I guess," lied Mark, walking down the stone path towards their school. This seemed to satisfy Cesar.
He started to talk about useless things, and Mark half-paid attention, worry and confusion clouding his head.
The day Cesar had come back, that was the day alternates just.. disappeared.

/-/

Thatcher held a hand on the side of his face. What the fuck was going on?
Nobody really knew. So, naturally, he, being upped to Lieutenant a bit ago and Ruth being employee of the month, they both had the case dropped into their hands.
And he couldn't make sense of a single thing.
Three days ago, the station had gotten several calls, and was suddenly notified of thousands of missed calls.
And every call was about 'An alternate that had tried to kill me, but suddenly stopped and forgot about everything, and is now spouting complete nonsense and crying when I try to turn it away.'
Yeah.
He couldn't wrap his head around the idea, and neither could Ruth. Well, half and hour ago. She'd been silent for a while now, so he was unsure if she had thought of something or not.

The day after the calls, all the alternate attacks had.. ceased to exist. The station didn't get any calls, and neither did BCPD, WCPD, or YCPD.
The babies had stopped disappearing, too. So there was some hope of Mandela regaining it's population, but he highly doubted it. Adults were still scared out of their minds, since it had only been three days.

You could say,
nothing was happening.