PROLOGUE

Dark Cacao kingdom- sector 175- station 4a.
Request for backup from M.E.H. and sector 341- station 7c. If request for backup approved send backup a.s.a.p.
End of entry.

"That's all?!"

"That's all...."

Almond sighed and got up. Warden leaned against the door frame, her arms crossed and a puzzled look on her face.

"None of the kingdom stations never needed any help except the occasional visit from M.E.H. whenever magic was involved.... But now there are M.E.H. officers assigned to at least one station in the kingdoms and DC was one of the more secure places."

"They legally cannot deploy a backup request without giving more information. This doesn't seem right."

"You think it's some kind of sick joke?"

"Doubt it, I've been to Dark Cacao kingdom.... Officers there do not 'joke around'."

They made eye contact.

"Something about this feels off."

"Couldn't have put it better. Thank the witches they were at least competent enough to put in the ID, not that we couldn't find them ourselves but this means we don't have to waste our time.
Let's try to send a message back, if it really is some kind of joke they should send us back an explanation."

"And if they don't respond..."

"We might have get the explanation ourselves."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun has just set. It was a cold morning and fog spread through Parfadian streets as police cars pulled up to Almond's house. Last night he was informed that there are no trains coming to or from DC, he packed some essentials and arranged someone to take care of Walnut while he was gone. No surprises here Latte started blowing up his phone, he didn't even try to resist. Although she annoyed him at times, Latte was one of his friends and she was always the first to volunteer to take care of Walnut.

"How long will you be gone? Are you sure I can't come with you? Are you gonna fight scary monsters?"

"I don't know yet, yes it may be unsafe and probably no but we'll see."

"Can I come with you pleeeese?"

He sighed and knelt down. Walnut looked at him with the biggest puppy eyes he'd ever seen.

"Sorry dove, we don't even know what's going on. I don't want you hurt."

One of the cars drove right up to them, Warden opened the driver's door and stepped out.

"Oh, Hello Walnut how are y-"

"Why can't I come with dad?! He gets to go on all the cool missions! I'm a proper detective I can handle myself!"

Warden took a step back and shot a scared glance at Almond. He chuckled. She wasn't bad with kids but she definitely wasn't the best, he quite often teased her about it.
She would sometimes help take care of Walnut but she was left clueless whenever Walnut started causing a racket or started demanding things, neither of those happened often but when they did noone seemed to know what to do.
Maybe because Walnut had a tendency to act very 'grown up' and people got used to her acting 'responsible' so whenever she acted childish it confused people.

"Don't yell at her, how about after I come back we crack a case together? Would you like that?"

"You promised stuff like that already and you're always busy!"

Almond bit his tounge, she was right of course.

"This time I won't forget I promise."

"Okay...."

She turned to Warden who still had no idea what to do.

"Make sure he doesn't forget!"

"Uhhh... yeah sure?"

Walnut gave Almond one last hug.

"Please be back soon!"

"Don't worry I will."

He smiled softly, kissed her forehead and stood up.

"I'll be home before you know it dove."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors note:

Hello >:) it's me, I'm not dead, in fact I have come back stronger than every lol.

Some things to mention- English isn't my first language please don't kill me over misspelled words 🤠

Also, Warden is an oc that I made specifically so that she can be a character I can refer to whenever I'm doing stories that include stuff with the M.H.E. I hope y'all like her :)