Daring Rosey

(Welcome to Chapter One of this brand new book 'The Daring Diary Of Rosey.' I hope you all enjoy reading about Rosey and her messed up world of boys, family and non stop drama. Don't forget to vote, comment and share this book with all of your Wattpad friends. It means a lot to have everyone's support and I would love to hear what you guy's think about Rosey's character.)

Chapter One

~*~

Using your phone at work. Tut tut. ;)

My phone bleeps as I read the message over and over constantly trying to put together the simple words. The message itself hasn't alarmed me quite as much as the name that has popped up on my screen.

Reed Bridger.

I think my eyes have literally popped out of my head - you know, like one of those crazy moments from Tom and Jerry where the character's eyes bug out of their heads like two massive (delicious) marshmallows - yeah, that's how I look at this precise moment.

Just his name gives me shivers. Not the kind that freeze every single pulsing vein and cause a sickening feeling to travel up your body and you have to quickly make your excuses to leave the creepy date your sitting opposite (trust me I've had my fair share), but the kind of shivers than make your heart speed up rapidly and your eyes widen in pure shock. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think he would message me. It's not like I've ever talked to the guy before. I only see him on a Sunday morning when I'm at work.

Yes, I'm one of those girls who has no clue what's she's going to do with her pathetic future and is momentarily working in a supermarket. It's not the worst job in the world and I only work there to pay my rent. Anyway, we're getting off subject here. As I was saying, I only see Reed on a Sunday, bright and early (mostly when I look half dead, recovering from the night before) where the most words we've ever said to each other is the simple morning greeting. Yes, I do admit that I've caught him blatantly checking me out every now and then, so I have been making more of an effort with my appearance lately (just so I don't look like a walking Zombie every time I see him) but I have just come out of a very, serious relationship.

I shouldn't even be thinking of dating other guys, should I? I mean we broke up last night for heavens sake and now I'm obsessing about a message from another (seriously hot, toned, and dreamy) guy? No, Rosey! Just no!

I shake my head at myself and refrain from talking to him. There's no way I'm going to be messaging and getting involved with any more guys. I have enough to deal with already.

"Rosey, you going to come out of the bathroom at all this morning?" Reggie thumps his fist against the toilet door and it makes me jump.

"Two seconds!" I call.

I take one more glance at the message and stuff my phone back into my pocket. There's no way I should have it on me at work at all. As I look up into the bathroom mirror, I tuck a few strands of blonde hair behind my ears and admire my horrific attempt at an up-do this morning. The dark, black circles under my eyes just make me look even more exhausted than I already feel. Breaking up with someone really takes it out of you. I mean, I've been wanting to break up for months, there's no point staying in a relationship that has fizzled out to absolutely nothing. Seriously, I couldn't even handle being in the same room with him anymore, my only excuse to get out the tiny flat we rented was to go to the gym. That was my only escape. Sad, huh?

I sigh as I re-adjust my name badge and green work shirt. The 'Y' has been rubbed off so my badge just says 'Rose' now. I hate it when people call me that.