NCTC TOWER

this was it, the day has finally come

this was it, the day has finally come. jueris dreams were about to become true the minute she entered the car they were assigned to to get to the NCTC tower.

now, call her a nerd, but this was quite literally all she wished for in life. she was a technology freak, and all she wanted to do was be able to continue to study and work with it as she grew in age.

the NCTC tower was whet they made and held all the special technology used by superheroes like the Neos. infamous for being owned by possibly the richest man on earth, Lee Taeyong.

NCTC has made a lot of things better. they've compensated people who lose things during the fights that the superhero's go through, they've created many innovative security systems for important buildings, houses, and people.

"hello!" a voice from behind caught her attention, the ash blonde girl turning around to meet eyes with who she assumed was lee maelin. she's seen her in person before, but you can never be too sure about anything.

"maelin?" she tilted her head, offering the woman a smile. "hi i'm moon jueri." she held out her hand to offer a handshake to the brunette. maelin accepted it with a smile, bowing her head as she did so.

"i remember you, future valedictorian." she chuckled, clearly catching jueri off guard. short story short, she proudly announced to a group of seniors from the college that she aspired to become valedictorian of her graduating class. they laughed it off, basically telling her pigs would fly before she won that spot.

"oh gosh, that's embarrassing," kit snorted as she walked closer to the two. "you don't happen to remember me, do you?" she pulled on her shirt collar, an awkward expression finding her face.

"the girl who spent nearly $400 on a claw machine game, right?" maelin asked in amusement, earning a groan from kit. the younger immediately held her head in her hands, complaining loudly about how embarrassed she was.

"oh wow, i forgot about that! you've got super good memory." jueri gasped, mouth falling open as she sent the older a thumbs up.

"it's not every day you see a girl spend more than $5 dollars on the same claw machine, let alone $400." maelin chuckled, pushing her hair behind her ear. "oh that's our car." she announced as a black car rolled up towards them.

"in my defense, there was a nintendo switch in there," kit began to defend herself as they walked towards the car. "which looking back, i probably could've used that to buy an actual switch but you know." she muttered.

"you're actually so stupid." jueri sighed, patting her best friends shoulder with a look of disappointment.

they all entered the car, greeting the driver politely and falling silent when he began to drive. NCTC TOWER wasn't that far from where they were, but it was deep in the middle of the city so it would take them a while to get there.