Chapter 2

***Follow me and vote***

Who is she? 

This question lingered in my mind as my eyes stayed fixed on them. They started walking towards me, and I followed their every step while standing at the door. He still didn't notice me as he was busy talking with his friend, and that girl still had her hand on his arm as she was busy looking around the beautiful architecture of the Riviera mansion. Her long hair cascaded down the side of her face and moved as she turned her face. I just kept looking at how they looked together. 

My heartbeat became fast as they started walking towards me. All the excitement I was feeling to see him was long gone, and the emotion I was feeling now was something I couldn't describe in words because I had never felt this kind of burn in my chest. Just as they started climbing the steps, he took off his black sunglasses, and that's when his amber eyes fell on me. Not only him, but I also found two more pairs of eyes looking at me in curiosity. 

"You never told me you have such a beautiful sister," the woman said with a big smile on her face, making the burn I was feeling in my heart increase even more after hearing her words. My face hardened as I looked at him without any spark of happiness on my face. After listening to her, he didn't even open his mouth to correct her. Instead, he kept looking at me with his amber eyes still fixed on my face, making me pucker a bit inside my cheeks. I often do it when I don't feel good on the inside. So that's what I am to him: a little sister. The moment I saw that woman stepping out of the car, I knew he didn't remember the promise he made me. How stupid I am to make these hollow dreams last for five years!

"Hey, I'm Alisha, and he is Jason," she said with the same smile on her face as she introduced herself and her other friend. Her words made me come out of my thoughts. 

"Welcome," I said with a straight face in my emotionless voice as I avoided looking at him, saying that I turned on my toes and walked inside away from him and his friends, leaving the house door open. I heard their steps following me, but I didn't turn to spare them a glance and walked fast. I walked into the living room where grandma and aunty Charlotte were conversing in a hushed tone. They stopped talking when they saw me. I went and hugged Grandma as I rested my head on her shoulder. I need her warmth very badly to somehow lessen the burn in my chest. 

"What happened, honey?" she asked as she wrapped her arm around me lovingly. She immediately sensed my change of mood. She knew I was excited to see him, but now that excitement was nowhere to be found. 

"Nothing, I just feel tired," I said, burying my face in her neck as I felt his stare at me. 

"Darling, do you want me to make you some coffee?" Aunt Charlotte asked me. I denied her as I moved my head in the direction of no. 

I heard his rich voice addressing his mother to get her attention. Hearing his voice after so long made my heart race fast. 

"My baby is home after a whole year," aunty said, standing up to hug her son, which I saw from the corner of my eyes. 

"I missed you so much," Aunty said as her eyes filled with tears. 

"Mom, don't cry," he said as he hugged her back, still looking in my direction as I completely ignored him. 

"Grandma, how are you?" he said as he came forward to meet his grandma. Grandma didn't let go of me, but she patted his cheeks lovingly. 

"I'm doing good, my child, but why have you grown to be so skinny?" she questions him as she looks all over his frame, adjusting her glasses on her nose. skinny, he had more muscles on him than the last time I saw him.