Chapter 4

"Can I have a moment with my boyfriend?"

As I heard those words, my biggest nightmare came into existence. I didn't look at him as my eyes threatened to burn with warm tears. Without saying a single word, I ran out of there. I was running without looking where I was going. My body collided with a hard one, making me look at that person with teary eyes. 

"What happened?" Jason asked in his concerned voice as he cupped my face and saw my tear-filled eyes. 

"Luna, come here," I heard a firm voice saying from behind. It made Jason look behind me. I heard heavy footsteps coming towards me, and it made my heart beat in a bad way. I don't want to be near him. 

"I'm fine," I whispered in my small voice, and I ran away from there before he could reach me. I walked fast to the living room to find dad walking into the house. 

"Dad," I said as I ran to him. He wrapped his hands around me, engulfing me in his warm arms. 

"Did you miss me?" he asked as he caressed my back lovingly. 

"Hmm," I hummed as I kept my eyes closed, stopping my tears from falling. I won't shed tears over him. even if my heart feels like someone is squeezing it with both hands. 

"How are you, uncle?" I heard him asking Dad, making me hug him more tightly as I buried my face in his chest. 

"I'm doing great. How are you? When did you come back, son?" My dad asked in his friendly voice, as he was happy to see him after a long time. 

"I'm doing great. I came back today," he said in his uneasy voice. 

"Dad, let's go home. I want to go home," I said in a small voice. 

"Uncle, won't you come inside?" he asked dad in the same voice with which he heard what I said to him. 

"No, I will stop by tomorrow when I come to drop Luna again here" dad refused him politely.  I could feel his gaze on my back, but I ignored it, as I never wanted to talk with him or even want to see his face again. Dad and I both walked out of the house, with me still burying my face in his chest. We walked to his car and sat in it. 

"Are you having a fever?" Dad asked me as I sat quietly in the car, not telling him what I had done the whole day. I moved my head in. Even though I said no, Dad still checked my body temperature as he pressed the back of his hand all over my face. 

"Your body temperature is higher than normal. I will check your temperature on the thermometer once we reach home," he said in his worried voice. I just nodded my head slightly and did not say anything as my dad drove. Once we reached home, dad brought the thermometer and checked my temperature as I sat quietly on the couch. 

"You have a fever, Luna. I will give you medicine once you eat your dinner," dad said in his worried voice as he stood up to go and make some dinner for us. 

"Go to your room and rest. I will call you once dinner is ready," dad said from the kitchen as he took out some rice. 

"Ok," I murmured in my small voice, and went to my room. I walked to my room with slumped shoulders as all the things that happened to me roamed in my mind. I went and slumped on my bed, and now I could hold back my tears. A sob left my mouth as Alisha's words repeated in my head again and again. Fat tears started to roll from my eyes as I tried to control my sobs. It was too much for my little heart to bear. I kept staring into space as that day he promised me that mine flashed in front of my glassy eyes. 

Flashback

I had come home from school on vacation. I was playing football with Kevin in the backyard. I was running towards the ball with my big pink frock and Kevin in his new shirt and pants when Aunty Charlotte came. 

"Kevin Luna comes in. It's time to go to the wedding," she called us. Today we were going to Kavin's distant cousin's wedding. 

"Let's see who reaches the door first," I said to Kevin in a changing tone. 

"I will reach first, silly," Kevin said in his confident voice, and then we raced. We raced, and I reached the finish line first, but Kevin was still running when I turned and looked at him. He tripped and fell, making me laugh as his clothes were ruined and his face was caked in mud. Aunty scolded him for ruining his clothes for the second time. It made him blush more. 

"See, Luna, she didn't even ruin her clothes once. Why didn't God bless me with one girl?" she said, exasperated as she changed her clothes. 

"But aunty, you have me," I said, making her smile in my way. 

"Of course, baby. God blessed me with you," she said with a warm smile on her face as I showed Kevin my tongue to a sulking Kevin. 

"Mom," he said in annoyance as he lost the race, and then Aunty praised me. We were always competing like this with each other. 

"No more complaints," Aunty said as she was buttoning his new shirt. 

"Mom," I heard a voice, which made me look in that direction, and when I saw him, my eyes widened unknowingly. 

He is here. 

A/N
Hey, my lovely readers. Don't forget to like, comment, and share.