Chapter 2 : End of the Beginning

Kim Hajin's Pov

As I was walking through cube from the dorms to my class, I suddenly remembered that Final exams for the first years are near. From what I remember, if the Co-Author didn't change many things related to it, It'll be on a deserted island. Well I guess I have to prepare for that too. There's also an important item there that I want to get my hands on. But I'll leave that for later. As I was thinking that, I reached the class door and opened it. 

As usual, the class looked at the door opening to see who came in and looked away a second later. Once I sat on my seat, I checked the time, there were 5 minutes till the teacher arrived. I could hear Chae Nayun nagging from the other corner of the class. As usual, Shin Jonghak was looking at his crush. His so called companion was sitting next to him.

While I was thinking that, my gaze met Yoo Yeonha's. I waved my hand a little to say hi while she just nodded. As I was doing that, the instructor entered the class.

The class was boring as usual. Nothing changed much from the original Novel except the fact that Rachel now usually sat besides me. At the start, I did receive some glares from the boys but it didn't last long. Just before the class was about to end, the instructor told us about the upcoming Island Exam. Most of the students were excited but some students who didn't perform well were looking sad. They probably won't make it to the second years.

As soon as class ended, I started packing my stuff when I felt a slap on my back.

"Hey Kim Hajin! Help me with the theory exams will you?!?! "

"No... I don't want to. Besides, it'll be a waste teaching a muscle-head..."

"What did you call me...?" She glared at me with some anger. I flinched a little but maintained my composure. "Nothing. Also, I don't have time to teach you... I got my own stuff to do"

"Come on!! It won't take that long!"
"No... I wi--" As I was about to say that, I heard a slight tap on my back. I turned my head to see Rachel looking at me with a book in her hand

"Hajin-sii, Could you please help my with this question?"

"Sure" I took her book and looked at the question, It was a very difficult one.

"I'm sorry if I'm wasting your time so you d--"

"No its okay, I have plenty of time. And this won't take too long so you don't need to worry about it too much." As I was about to start solving it, someone shouted in near my ears in a very angry voice

"Hey!!! Why are you helping her?! Why don't you help me as well?!?!You said you have don't have time when I asked you to do it... So why do you have 'plenty' of time for her?!"

"Because she asked it sincerely, and it's because she's someone who actually wants to learn and is good at it... Maybe if you become a little politer, I'll reconsider. But I doubt that will even happen..."

"Uhhh" She frowned and left the room while stomping her foot. Shin Jonghak glared at me as if protecting his 'girlfriend'. I glared back, although I wasn't as strong. Stats weren't important between us since I was a sharp shooter and he was a Spear User. After I beat down his dogs in the competition, they didn't try to bully me any further. It was clear that they were angry, but their pride won't allow them to do something after facing such humiliation.

Back to the present, I started solving the question. While I did that, Rachel was watching  at the question being solved like it was nothing. She got used to me solving these questions, and since I was 1st in theory, everyone got used to it. It wasn't that hard since I had the[Observation and Reading] gift. Once again, I realized how cheat this gift was. It allowed me to view information on nearly anything. It was a gift which had an Omniscient Potential.

After that, I left the class and went to some shops to buy basic equipment for the exams. After buying everything, I checked my watch to see if there were any messages. It seemed Chae Nayun was still begging me to help her. While scrolling through reading messages from club, I saw that Rachel also sent me a message.

[Hajin-sii, What do you think of the exam?]