Chapter 36 : Clancey Islet[2] : Cards Revealed

***A few minutes before the achievement announcement began***

3rd POV

'This feeling... it's not as oppressive as Father described it to be... or is it that it's just less dangerous than the First Apocalypse...?'

"...!" Yeonha jolted as she felt someone grab her from behind. Abruptly, she turned around to see the person who dared to try to catch her off guard, only to see Suho looking at her with his usual smile on his face, two people standing besides him, familiar faces.

"... Kim Suho? And... Jin Sihyuk? What is the 35th rank doing here?" Yeonha asked, her glare softening once she had found the person's identity.

"Hey, come on, you didn't even take a second glance at me... Oh God, my niece is still as cold as well..." The other person said while wiping the fake tears of his face.

"... I already knew you would be coming here, Uncle  Jinhyuk, so there's no reason for me to greet you." Yeonha said with a cold smile, "And you still haven't said anything, Sir Jin Sihyuk..."

"Oh come on, can't I come as well? Besides, I was barely able to get here through my connection to the Chae Clan, but it seems like I'm also not welcomed..." He said as he patted Jinhyuk's shoulders, acting like they shared the feeling.

"Anyways, Uncle. Did you get any additional data on that person?" Yeonha said with a straight face.

"Ah... no... I tried to look at his past, but unlike how I was able to do it previously, this time, I couldn't see anything. I didn't appear in a world or anything, all that I saw was a completely black void devoid of anything...." Jinhyuk said with a worrying expression on his face.

"Hm... that seems plausible somehow... besides, that person did told me that he received his newfound powers at the time near the Final Exams. And the time when you checked his past previously was before that..." Yeonha paused for a second and continued, "It's possible that this "power" of his is blocking your gift..." Yeonha said.

'Somehow, I'm not surprised by this... maybe it's because I have witnessed much more...?'

[Second Main Senario : Extermination of Evil]

The system's voice was heard again after that short pause of a few minutes...

'...' Yeonha stayed silent, entirely focused on the square shaped interface that appeared before her, containing the details of the event.

[Humanity has completely recovered from the Great Apocalypse, however, Evil Beings still exist, which are disrupting the currently attained balance on the side of Evil. Remains of the Gates that formed on the rememberable day, Devils. Contracting countless Djinns, they are infiltrating Humanity from the inside. However, it is finally time for that to change.]

'Time to change...? What does that mean? ' Yeonha thought, 'No... maybe, just maybe, it's exactly what is says? Exterminating the Djinns completely... and... Devils... that's a new name, I don't think I have heard that anywhere in the files of our guild's database...'

"Extermination of... Evil...?" Suho said his thoughts out aloud.

[Introducing the major participants of the event...]

'Major characters? Ah, are they referring to those who will be playing a major role in this event? Will the key to exterminating Evil finally be revealed...?' Yeonha thought, coming up with various possible individuals in her mind that may be these "major participants".

"""!!!""" Everyone's expression suddenly turned tense as several auras of power exploded in the area. These auras felt so oppressing that they felt like their legs would collapse on the ground in just a few seconds.