Step Down

"Why did you do that?" Maya shouted.

"What?" Denver asked.

"Why would you do that sick talking and kill his company?" she made sure everyone in his office could hear her rant.

"Ha ha." Denver laughed. " I just said what I thought. The people believed in it because they thought the same. So, Maya, I am not the one to be blamed. Blame your playboy for his deeds." Denver said merrily.

"You don't even know; how badly he cares for his company." she announced folding her arms across her chest.

"Look, caring is different, executing is a different matter." he said and began scrolling through his phone. "As I see through social media, I notice he has finally realized he is not the correct fit to be the CEO of JUICY. And look! his girlfriend is buying the company." Maya rolled her eyes at the word girlfriend. " Ha ha, poor girl Ariah! Seems like she is the captain of a drowning ship now!" he commented.

"You better take your word back." she warned him.

"And what would that change? Look if he truly cares for the company, if he truly is a leader, then his actions matter, not mine!" Denver justified. Which was absolutely true. "Now, Maya, now you'll know if he was worthy of you. If he gets out of this ditch successfully then I'll apologize publicly and invest all my money into him. Because he will then have proved his worth as a leader. And that makes a good company." he announced.

------

"Are you ready?" Ariah asked him.

The paper was in front of him. 

The pen was in front of him.

He was just trying to collect enough courage to sign the agreement. In a room full of board members.

Licker would buy JUICY and Tsar would become just an ordinary employee in it. Yet, he would still remain as the creative director of Licker. The company would now officially become JUICY by Licker.

Tsar took few deep breaths.

"Yes, I am ready." he hurried with the pen before a tear drop could leave the corner of his eyes.

He signed it.

He threw the pen. He rushed out of the meeting room of Licker, went into his cabin and locked himself in the washroom.

And then he cried.

-------