Chapter 11

Marzia's POV

TW: overthinking

Walking into the dining room it was loud with chatter of my brothers.

Mom, Dad, and I all walked in the room hand in hand when Logan commented. "Lovely of you to join us". Him and Liam Scrunched there faced up in disguse at my enjoyment for reading. I felt that worry start to build in my chest again. Would they hate me for reading and finding entertainment in it? 

"She fell asleep reading her book." Dad said kissing mom on the cheek, before walking to the other side of the table and sitting down.

After Mom sits, I sit in the only other open seat which again was next to Dean.

"So, this weekend we are taking a trip to Cannes for a meeting with some partners for work. Marzia, would you like to come with, or would you rather to stay here with Nichole?" mom asked, bringing the attention to her and myself.

From the way she was speaking about it, it seemed like this was a regular family thing that they do together. I don't wanna intrude on their family events or taint the experience in any kind of way.

"I don't really feel comfortable traveling yet, so I'll stay here" I said. truth be told I wasn't comfortable traveling yet so I still told half the truth, but I didn't say the true reason for my not wanting to go.

Especially after what happened when I tried to run away. This could be an opportunity for me to try leaving again, I still don't believe them on the whole "DNA test" situation, and the boys probably only straghtened up becuase they got in trouble. The only real thing I have to worry about is Nichole.

"Okay I'm sure Nichole will be more than happy to watch you while we are away. Chase and Dean will also still be here just because they have school. Oh, that also reminds me we are going to be online schooling you just because you still need an education, but I don't think that a school environment would be very helpful for you right this minute." mom rambled.

"Okay, I'm fine doing online school. I think you're right about the whole going to school thing, I don't like people" I said, eating more of my food. 

a couple of the boys start to lightly laugh. I don't understand why there laughing. I don't like people, I don't trust them.

I don't eat much of my dinner, but I definitely have been eating more than before when I first got here.

"Okay well, we leave in two days. So, we will have to spend some time together before we go." mom said with a bright smile on her face.

"Okay, when will you be coming back?" I asked to see how long I have to run.

"We will be gone for about a week, maybe two depending on how the meetings go." dad said looking a little disappointed." French bastards are always difficult.

After dinner we all went our separate ways to bed and them to start packing their bags.

I went to my room and got ready for bed. Sleeping was something that I have always struggled with, so I was just lying there thinking up a new escape plan. They've doubled security around my room and left no gap for gaurds changing shifts. 

I need to get farther away from here than last time, It's going to be hard given that I can't drive and I can only run so fast before someone will realize I'm gone. 

Maybe I should just stay. I was almost taken back to Maskim when I ran. They protected me. No one has ever done that besides Nichole so if she made a life here, Maybe I can too.

My only reserve is, I don't wanna be a replacement. I don't want them to have me, and their actual daughter is somewhere out there going through what I have gone through all these years. If I leave, would they care again? Would they just say that I'm a runaway and not look for me. It would be the second time...