Gettin' Thicc! (Spring 4)

IV.

"These are called Pull-ups," the princess told Madoka, pointing at an iron bar hanging above their heads. She jumped up to grab the bar and lifted herself up so her shoulders could match the bar's height. After one, she was panting and laughed sheepishly. "I can't do very many. That being said, take this."

"Are those bandages?" Madoka caught white wraps.

"It's called a sarashi. Cliche, I know, but sports bras haven't been invented yet," The princess pulled her common dress down, startling Madoka. The long cloth was wrapped around her entire torso. "Strap it around like this when we work out. Because if these delts, tris, lats and biceps aren't burning after you're done with these you're doing it wrong."

She poked the various muscles on Madoka's body. The princess went on to explain several other exercises, similar to the ones for sword training. Madoka was in awe of her strange knowledge, but her list of exercises was daunting. Was this how she managed to gain so much strength and coordination in such a short time? Did she learn this stuff in the library?

After an hour, Madoka was drenched in sweat and breathing hard. The princess, on the other hand, was completely fine.

"Whew, you okay there, Madoka?" She grabbed a cloth and wiped the sweat off. She tossed a spare to Madoka, who lay on the ground. "Now we're gonna do a bit of cooldown stretches. You're definitely going to feel it tomorrow."

And she was right.

For the following month, Madoka's body stung, became strung out and broken down until there was nothing left but muscle. Instead of going easier, the princess would smirk and increase the amount of exercises they were going to do. For a summer body, she said, whatever that meant. In between the exercises, she would train with Lord Zeron. Leopride would not show up often, but would beat her senselessly.

Her body would grow and be broken down. All that remained was a sheer duty to the princess's wishes and a hatred for that Cherish-man and Lord Zeron. Rain poured down on one fateful day, when Leopride's dreaded face showed one day. Lord Zeron took the princess on a separate practice session, but Madoka couldn't help but think the beast planned it that way.

The beast laughed. Madoka just held her sword ready. The rain bore its weight all around them and all that could be visible was the mist from their breaths.

"Let's see what you got, bitch!" He drew his sword. His stance was adopted to another form of swordsmanship. Madoka knew she was already outclassed, but still the duel began the moment her opponent's foot pushed off the dirt.

Swords clashed, yet Madoka was still standing. Leopride smirked at the young girl, kicking her and leaping back. She hardly had enough time to block it, so his foot still managed to hit her chest.

"You've gotten a bit tougher for a commoner," he said, brandishing his sword again. "The point of a duel is to prove one's resolve, the last man standing for their honor and country. Can you stand for such an esteemed woman? Does she know you for what a parasite you truly are?"

With that, he lunged at Madoka. She stood guard to block the sword, but noticed it was a feint. A month ago, she would have been spilled out across the field. But this time was different, she would give him a fight before she faced the inevitable. He was aiming at her hand.

It was too late, she managed to save her hand but the blow cleaved through her guard and sent her spiraling into the dirt. All she saw was rainy clouds and failure in her pounding head. Still she rose, learning the Cherish-man's movements. Another lunge, another clash between locked swords and splashing water dirtied her vision.

"You. Aren't. Strong. Enough!" The Cherish-man grinned. He was able to hold the lock with one hand and with the other hand he punched Madoka to the ground. He laughed before taking the wooden sword and snapping it with his knees. Fury built up in Madoka's heart at the reality before her. Leopride was right, as every Knight could tell her. She knew she was weak, yet she knew in herself that she needed to get stronger to stand even the slightest chance in the way of any danger to Princess Fiara. "I pity you, for I will stand before the princess as her new hand. You are fated to obscurity."