Chapter 14

Florian growled through clenched teeth, his eyes calculating as he flipped the bottle opener between his fingers. Letting her go was his mistake, the distance was unnerving, an irritation he couldn't seem to shake of.

"No one?" She had said. He had known something was wrong from the very moment he couldn't control his shift, and why that kept happening was totally beyond him.

Nevertheless, the strangest thing had been the mixtures of scents on her body, and why he hadn't placed importance as soon as he'd taken notice of it was gravitating especially while knowing she wouldn't have come to their sessions without a proper bath.

Florian scanned over the familiar faces in the club that night, perusing through them in search of Daniel as he pressed his back time and time again against the chair.

Marina was slowly becoming a bad habit he didn't want to get rid of, and how could he? She was his, not just a client paying to be serviced. She was his.

He chucked down his bottle of beer, waiting another two to three weeks before seeing her after what he saw was impossible. He needed to clear things out, talk to her or die with the knowledge of what could be.

Catching a few gazes in the lost abiss of his thoughts.

He found himself searching for nothing but her amidst the increasing crowd pressing against each other as they sought to collect their beer from the bartender. With his body frantic and in need of reassurance. Florian gritted his teeth, taking another swing of the cold beer.

In an ideal world, after going against the contract by growling as he had, a few seconds of uncontrolled growls would have been enough to fully speak and take control of the situation. Keep her safe wherever he was. She wouldn't have been allowed to leave his side for a single moment. He'd deal with her rebellion.

But causing his mate pain was the last straw. Whoever it was, would have him to deal with.

And what did she mean by her tears wasn't professional? If the contract was canceled he'd gladly lick her tears away. Bend her over and make her his all night long till they forget the problems of life.

He stood from the chair, eyes laced on the bartender as he walked over to him. "Haven't you heard anything from Daniel?"

"No, have you tried calling him?"

"Yes, it's not getting through." Florian said a bit restless, he needed to see Caroline that morning though, if it happens that she wasn't already awake, that is. The urge to protect her had increased with the news of her pregnancy, and he was planning on doing just that, at least until the issues between them were solved. 

But this need, kept him incredulously itchy, itchy to make sure 'she' was alright, who'd done that to her? Who'd brought tears to her eyes, bruised her body and made her fright. She was his queen, he placed the beer bottle down on a nearby table before he mistakenly break it with the rise in his temper. His need to make sure she was alright pulled at the surface, bridging the contract and claiming her did seem so bad.

It was well past midnight, he had no car to borrow this time around, but he'll find a way.

Exactly 3:13 am Florian buried the key he'd taken from her house into the doorknob, caring the least about the possibility of an alarm going off, he quietly opened the door, inhaling her scent briefly as he stepped into the living room, closing the door gently as he questioned how faint her scent was in the room.

He placed the keys back into his pockets, taking cautious steps into the livingroom, another scent registered in his nostrils, scented male, he gritted his teeth, before steering forward, not minding the possibility of leaving a trail of his presence in the house, she was his, he needed that etched in his heart despite the unfathomable occurring.