Chapter 15

"Daxon! Stop it!" She pulled at his jacket as she strode back to the couch. "We might need to do damage control, am not sure how much my neighbors saw or if I was recorded or not but we need to control whatever gets shared, we just got a new contract I don't want this to become something huge..." she propped against the armrest, placing two of the cushions behind her back as she rests her forearms on her lap.

"Marina?! I don't care what the media does or which contracts end if we need to take this to court we will. He cannot lay his hands on you and then go scout-free. Look at the cut on your lip. It's been close to a decade since he's been in this side of town, times have changed babe, if you'll let me take control of this mess I'll clear it out. It's time he knows a new alpha runs the show." Florian watched the palm he placed on her thigh. "He escaped your father's hold, but I assure you he won't escape what's about to hit him. Nathaniel and his team are on it and he's on his way as we speak. We'll sort this out."

"Who's Nathaniel?" The words left Florian's lips before he could stop himself but meeting both their gaze, he held hers.

"He's a private investigator and also one of my best friends we've been friends for quite some time." She answered taking Daxon's fingers from her thigh, inserting her fingers in between his. "Thank you." Drawing his attention back on her, she pulled him in towards her as she rests her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry for all that's happening."

"You don't have to be, we'll take care of it like we always do. Another alpha cannot bully my girl under my watch babe..." she lifted her head, staring back down at their interconnected hands as he lifts it up, "I promise you'll always be safe, and I'll do anything to make sure you're safe."

A resonating knock resounded through the room, sending them on alert as a buffed man stepped in through the door without a single care of being attacked by the sudden intrusion. Authority zigged from him as he stepped towards her with narrowed eyes, Daxon shifted away from her as the man approached them, followed by the sound of the door clicking to a close as another man stepped into the house.

"He did that to you?" The man Florian could only assume was Nathaniel asked, as Florian remained quietly situated on the couch. Staring up at the toned ripple of muscles the buffed man in front of him had, as he came to a close stop in front of Daxon.

"Tone the aggression, she just had a very rough day." Daxon stood up from beside her. "Stay calm."

"What happened? Nathaniel won't go into detail of what happened." The second gentleman stood with his hands in his suit pockets, staring directly at Florian as Florian stared back at him. "It was reported that several shots were heard from your house, dont worry about it though I have taken care of it, but do you care to explain what happened to your lips? Who did you guys shoot?" His blue eyes raked over Florian's figure again.

"Why would Justin do this to you? Did you have an unresolved issue with him before? One he couldn't take up with your father and had to come for you instead?" Marina met Nathaniel's iron stare, his jawline set tight. "The last we saw him was five years ago at your father's end-of-year party, but I don't recall you being there, is there something you would like me to know to give me more insight on what I'm working with?"

"Yeah, but what I'm about to share with you is something I've never told anyone. Daxon only knows half of it because he was involved in half of it. And I'll like this to remain between us."

"Okay," he propped right on the armrest she rested her cushions against.

"So," the other man lifted the quilt spread against the other side of the couch, placing it on her leg, she chuckled fondly, "Thank you!" Staring back up at Nathaniel. "Why don't you take a chair? Are you comfortable sitting here?"