> Outside the Safety - Phoebe (OC Fan-fic)

(Heyo! This is a fanfic of my oc Phoebe. You may [unlikely] wonder about what happened to her screen! There IS something that happened. And it was when she was in The Slums, before she got back up to Midtown. Enjoy!)

W: Harm, (also possibly graphic?)

-

-

-

-

/ Phoebe POV - Outside (OC Fan-fic) \

---------------------------------------------------------

It was the day. I'd declared, well, not exactly, but I know, today I'm escaping the outer perimeter of the city.

When Guardian got everyone to go to the safezone, I was too scared.

The zurks would certainly eat me, were my thoughts, then. And still now. But I'm not going to wait here FOR them. I'm going.

I step out of the house. There is no life anywhere nearby, it seems.

I carefully walk. But I hear a familiar sound. A squeak of delight. I freak out.

It's a zurk. No, MULTIPLE zurks. Zurks.. ... .

I look back to see a group of them charging for me. I run.

As fast as I can.

I charge right past many zurks. They all squeak and squeal in excitement. I feel so sick everytime they do that. Or even exist for that matter.

They are the worst. Absolutely the damn WORST.

Disturbing, disgusting, life threatening. No scratch the life threatening. They're instant death if you encounter them.

And I'M their damn victim.

Though I might be over-

OW. F^CK.

One JUST launched onto my leg. I can feel it, luckily just, nibble on the metal. I kick it off but it slowed me. And either way the zurks have already almost caught up to me.

I'm so close to the safe zone, but I- I don't think I can make it in time.

They begin to swarm me. I desperately try to speed up, but I can't.

Then multiple zurks latch onto me. I can feel them eating at the metal on my body. I stagger. More zurks come at me. Damn it.

I can't get out of this. I messed up didn't I?

I struggle under their pressure. And because of the fact they immediately started attacking me.

I, I can't even really get ALL of them off.

I stumble onto the ground trying to get away. More zurks swarm. I try to get them off. I can't though.

I can feel at least one of them get to wires.

Actually, that was an understatement. I can feel multiple chew straight through the metal and to my wires.

Stupid damn zurks...

I desperately try to get them away again, but it doesn't work. Soon enough I black out, after a wire snaps. I don't know which one, but straight after a certain one.. .

< \ ************* > < ************ / >

I feel like I'm being dragged along. My vision is too blurry to see. I can hear though. My arms and legs feel weighed down, and same with my entire body.

I definitely can't see out of one eye. I don't know what even happened after I passed out. Shouldn't I have died already? Was THIS death?

Well, all I know is they definitely destroyed a bunch of wires and probably damaged (or worse) most metal.

I hear a muffled voice. "Oh my ********! What happened out- Who even is this?" I feel like I recognize this voice but I can't place it. I certainly can't see much of anything either.

So that wouldn't help.

I feel like they were a leader. Of something. A loong while back.

"Doc, you're back! Did you test the- Uh, did- did you?" "Yes. But I found this bot out in the dead city swarmed by zurks."

I try to speak but I think nothing comes out, I make a muffled static beep noise but that's about all. I hear a beep of fear, or surprise? Maybe sympathy? I have no clue.

"Well they certainly seem to be alive. Anyway, I'm going to tend to my plants. See ya!" With that I hear a bot walk away. Then I feel being dragged again. "Best of luck, Doc!"

Suddenly I think we enter a house. Or something? I don't know.

I nearly pass out again, then I do, hearing a shout of "NO!!"

I hear a slight crackle or fizz as I try to speak. I try to stay awake.

But I'm too exhausted and I'm probably going to die either way..

< \ ************* > < ************ / >

The next time I wake up, somehow. My head aches and this time I can fully see again. Weell, apart from my entire right side of my screen.

I blink. There's some companion standing in front of me. "It worked!"

"What worked?" I mumble. I certainly FEEL dead. I mean, I'm not though? How even?

He sets something down. "Good, you didn't have a spark when you spoke. But get more rest than usual, and be more careful around zurks."

I feel so confused and, sorta, annoyed? "Uhm, what?? I was just trying to actually GO to the safe zone."

He looks at me. "Ohh, you're that girl, aren't you. Well, I'm Doc."

I look at Doc. Who even is this? Wait, is he a scientist?! Oh damn it.. how did it take me so long to figure that out?

He repaired my body didn't he? I look around the room for a moment. I'm sort of glad I didn't bring my hoodie. It would've been destroyed.

"Thanks, I, uh, guess.."

I stand up and walk to the door and go out. This is the safezone, finally. Now I just have to get to Midtown.

At last I've made it. And, well, got an injury though, that will always be here.

Though, I can't tell if it was worth all that pain and harm. But I'm glad I will get to see my cat (BB) again.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this! ^^

Ty for reading.