Chapter 2. Not Dating, Not Yet

"Would you like to join me for breakfast, P'Aya?" It had been two weeks since Kessarin moved in on the building's 3rd floor. Kessarin leaned against the wall, gazing longingly at the older woman. It had been two weeks since she kept blatantly chasing Anaya. She found out Anaya was four years older than her when they signed the leasing agreement, and since then she has kept calling Anaya by her own name, Aya.

Anaya lives on the 4th floor with her sister, Selene. The 3rd floor was initially designated as a space for VIP customers to try on clothes. However, due to the financial impact of the pandemic, Anaya made the decision to rent out the 3rd floor while continuing to operate her boutique on the 1st and 2nd floors. The door located between the second and third floors of the building is currently locked. This is because the area beyond the door is designated for residential use. Anaya has implemented a card access system to ensure that only residents have entry to this area. Since she doesn't want to be bothered with obtaining a separate access card, Kessarin is able to access her unit on the 4th floor. That is why Kessarin can bother her like this in the morning.

"I made breakfast; join us." Anaya paused from her work, a smile spreading across her face. Anaya has taken up a side job, which has proven to be financially beneficial thanks to Kessarin's contribution. She intends to save this money by patiently waiting for the business to get back up again.

"P'Aya, if you have any interest in learning sculpting or pottery, please feel free to let me know." Kessarin observed the small piece of fabric on the table, where Anaya was crafting shirts for a dog and a cat. Her design for the pet's shirt is cute yet different from her sexy and elegant nightgown design or a chic and masculine suit. It leans more towards a cartoonish and adorable aesthetic.

In just one week, she had received numerous demands for her cute pet shirts as her online store filled up with eager buyers. Kessarin assisted her in designing it, and she created it from scratch. "You know, Arin, I'm quite busy with these already. I doubt I have the time to pick up sculpture."

"You still have a place for my hand." Kessarin intertwines her fingers with Anaya's, as they have been openly flirting with each other for the past two weeks.

"Arin..."

Kessarin moved closer to Anaya, realizing that she liked her more than she had initially thought. She experiences a newfound emotion she had never felt before: an endless desire to see and touch Anaya. During the morning, afternoon, and night. "I'd like to hear you call me baby, though, P'Aya."

Anaya took a deep breath as she gazed at Kessarin's stunning face. To her, Kessarin resembled a flawlessly sculpted Chinese deity, with porcelain white skin, hued pink lips, and beautiful round eyes. Anaya said, "Please, Arin, don't say things you don't truly mean."

"What do you mean?"

"Dara told me you're here to design and build Anneliese's factory; you'll only stay in Bangkok for two years, then back to Denmark."

"And?"

"I'm not able to have a relationship with you. I have a tendency to become overly serious, clingy, and needy. I can't imagine you'll leave me after two years."

"Why can't you come with me?" Kessarin takes her relationships seriously; she is not the kind to joke about them with people, especially not someone as special as Anaya.

"I can't leave Bangkok; I've got family here." Cutting through a few cotton textiles, Anaya says, "I can't leave Selene; she's just starting out in her career; I want to be here to support her fully."

"I'm willing to wait."

"Arin-" Their conversation came to a halt as they heard the sound of the elevator doors opening. It was clear that someone had arrived.