High School

It's 2005. Taylor is 15 years old. She's best friends with Abigail, a red head she sits in class with. She's a freshman, and is in Honors English and Creative Writing. She's been taking up guitar for the past 3 years, and has been writing music ever since. Taylor and Abigail tell each other everything, like how Taylor wants to be discovered. Taylor goes on her first date with an older high schooler and after a few dates, he goes after Abigail. Abigail and the boy break up. The next year, Taylor goes to the Blue Bird Cafe in Nashville and spots a man named Scott Brochetta. He watches her play a few songs, but doesn't like her taste. Taylor plays at the Cafe a few more months, and eventually gives up being discovered. She meets a guy named Drew and because friends with him the next year, and has a secret crush on him. All he tells Taylor is that he really likes this one girl. Taylor writes a song called Teardrops on My Guitar about it Drew and has her mom record it at home. Drew breaks up with the girl and goes after Taylor. They become high school sweet hearts and voted the "sweetest couple" of senior year. Taylor graduates as valedictorian and goes off to Nashville University to study Interior Design. She gets married to Drew in her mid-twenties.