Chapter 1

Hey guys! Thanks so much for coming to read my fanfiction! I hope you like it.

The Hero's Shield

Percy's POV

Even though the sky was stormy gray and the wind was howling around me, I was glad to be back at camp-half blood because something had been bothering me ever since I had left last summer. Flashes of lightning and rolls of thunder filled the sky. I was happy to see Annabeth again after a whole summer. Of course, I had taken her out to watch a movie now and then but in camp half-blood I got to see her everyday. But something was still making my stomach churn back and forth.

"Hey Percy." It was Beckendorf.

"Sup Beckendorf." I replied, "What's up."

"Nothin much." he clapped me on the back, "But I have been working on this new contraption though."

Then he started grilling me on his new invention and a lot of other things that I didn't understand, but I listened anyway.

When we passed bunker 9 Beckendorf stopped and faced me, "Sorry, you probably didn't understand anything."

I shrugged, "It's ok, it was pretty interesting."

"Yeah, true." Beckendorf smirked, "I'm guessing you want to see Annabeth?"

"Yeah, I do." I answered, "you know where she is?"

Beckendorf nodded, "Yeah, she told me if I bumped into you to tell you that she is waiting for you at the big house."

"Thanks beckendorf your the best!" I told him as he walked toward the big house. About halfway to the big house I bumped into my least favorite person in the whole entire camp, which is to say, Clarisse. "Watch where you goin' punk." Clarisse got up into my face.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa Clarisse. I'm sorry. How are you doing?" I spoke carefully.

"Great..." she said with enthusiasm.

"Good." I was surprised, she normally wasn't this nice.

"...Before you got here!!" Clarisse growled. Now that was more of the Clarisse I knew. I was just about to say something I heard the most beautiful sound on earth.

"Hey seaweed brain I haven't seen you in forever. " She greeted me happily, "... and Clarisse, Percy just got here, leave him alone." Clarisse turned to Annabeth, her eyes glinting with anger. Annabeth glared back. After a while, Annabeth finally won and Clarisse left mumbling about Annabeth and I.

"Thanks Annabeth!" I thanked her by pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

"No problem." Annabeth said happily.

"I thought you were at the big house?" I asked.

"I was," Annabeth explained, "... but I saw you and Clarisse, and I figured I would go over there before you guys started a fight."

"Clarisse must've been in a good mood," I smirked, "Normally she says hi by trying to kill me."

"Whatever, lets go see Chiron. He said he wanted us to see him." She laughed. "Race you there."

"I'm gonna beat you!" I yelled back while sprinting after her. Annabeth knew she could never outrun me, but fortunately for her, I had no interest in winning. So I let her win. When we had reached the big house we were laughing and out of breath. But we didn't see Chiron anywhere. We decided to go into Chiron's room and when we did we saw him bending over a letter. He looked tired, very tired.

Thanks so much for reading! Please review and leave comments! I think I am going to update every 1-2 days. I love all you guys!

Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Rick Riordan does.

Go check out my friend's Percy Jackson Fanfiction. Jhwood1122.