Her (His) Downfall {Stan Bowes~FLUFF}

"This way, please Ms. L/N", the brownish-haired secretary hands me my schedule and accompanies me to the assembly room where is currently being held the company's opening. In fact, catching up to a new and very different job with a lot of other inexperienced and young people sounds both independent and frightening at the same time.
I can hear enough loud voices coming from inside, but after I step in not a single voice is anymore audible.
Must sucks to interrupt a conference on your first day of work.

I keep my head low and I gradually lift it up when glancing at a few people in search of an empty spot.
The organizer present in the room hadn't yet turned around when I entered, but when he did, both him and I shared the same expression.
But as sudden as it came, he quickly shakes it off and regains his composure.
The people in the course simply resume their conversations, some of them still laughing at something that he has said, other ones drooling behind his back.

"Alright, now's really the time to take the jokes aside and start working" he lets out a chuckle.
"And welcome to the company", he lastly fixes his eyes on me.

♱ ♱

How I managed to stay focused during his explanation is still a mystery to me, with all these doubts coming to the surface, but the most important thing is that I still managed to do it.

"Ask Mr. Bowes for more information about your missing indications and suggestion, he's the most proper person you should ask your doubts to, since he's the owner of this place" or that's what the secretary from before said. But I didn't know that "Mr. Bowes" was actually "Stan Bowes".

I sigh and knock on the door of the titleholder's office.
"Come in, Miss" a deep but recognizable voice allows me to enter the room.
As I enter my gaze falls on his desk: who knew that Mr. Bowes's office was this messy? It really doesn't match his personality at all, for how I know him.

My attention now lingers on his expression, his dark eyes staring right back at me after locking the door behind me.

"I know you're mad, but I couldn't keep up with that lifestyle anymore. Furthermore, I didn't have the slightest idea that you were working in this structure" I begin to explain with the fixated stare on me of the man whom I've met more than a few months ago, by accident or by fate, it doesn't matter how you call it.

He sighs and clasps his hands together:
"I'm not mad, Y/N. I'm worried. Part of it because I don't want you to get involved in my business life, but what mostly concerns me is that you left that place so easily".

Even though I can see and hear his sincerity in his expression and ears, I still don't know if I want to believe him, if my brain will forgive him for the things he's kept from me.
"Stan, I mean... Mr. Bowes, my past there at Show World's Sleaze doesn't interfere with my will to grow more independent and fix my crappy life".

He looks down on his desk and up at me again, as if searching for a decision when looking at these two different concrete things in front of him.
"I am proud of your choice, I could never be more proud. The possibility of accepting my request is still available, I just wanted to remind you that".

My lips turn upwards in a light and sincere smile, but after that I shake my head.
"I can't possibly do that, I have been doing this on my own since how much I can remember. That would only erase all the effort I've put through on my living in these past years".
"That's why you should rely on others for once, Y/N. There's nothing weak about going through some tough stuff with someone else on your side", his hand reaches for mine, I struggle to decide between running away and slam the door behind me, or letting him hold me. So I just back away my hand and looks down, fidgeting with my bag.