Ego

Lucas

It's been a whole month since me and Riley have been dating. No ones bothered us at all and we're so in love. I think. I don't know! I mean im in high school so how should I know? Anyways I got on the baseball team and I'm heading home since we had practice I'm not with Riley. Suddenly I'm interrupted from my thoughts and I turn around.
"Hey Lucas!"
I see Billy walking towards me.
Oh no.

Riley-

"hey want to surprise Lucas today?" Asked Billy.
"Umm sure, but how?" I asked him
"Sneak up on him after baseball practice today k?" He told me
"Ok, I have something important to tell him anyways." I told him
"Ok I'll distract him and we'll talk then you come out once we're done ok?"
I nod and walk away. Strange. I haven't talked to him since 7th grade after the whole bullying Farkle thing. He never changed for the better. He ended up being worse and really Jealous but he's always been really nice to me. Sure it was awkward but I still want to give him a chance. People change right? Anyways I was too stressed to worry about Billy. I had gotten letters from boarding schools in Britain for the remaining high school years I have left. I wanted to go to one in London really bad but I had to talk with Lucas about my decision first. Oh god. It's already been an hour of me just thinking. Lucas will be out soon. I quickly looked around and hid behind something waiting for him and Billy.

Billy

Time for the plan. I was planning to get rid of Lucas and finally date Riley since I've had a crush on her since 7th grade. I saw Lucas and ran towards him.
"Hey Lucas!!" I shouted .
He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around he faked a smile and replied.
"Hey Billy, what's up?"
"Nothing, so how's it going with Riley. Are you whipped?" I joked around. He tensed up as I mentioned his love for her.
"U-um wha-what do you mean?" He laughed nervously.
"Oh you know. How much you LOVE Riley" I replied.
"What? No, I like her as a friend. I'm only dating her cause she got hurt in the hospital. Otherwise I'd be trying to get with um - Ma-no with Missy. Yeah Missy" he stuttered.
I looked over and saw Riley crying and crouched. I smirked at Luxas and said my final part of my plan.
"Surprise lover boy" I motioned to Riley and walked away. Right when he saw her his face turned pale. I swear his blood pressure dropped.

Riley

I had enough and started crying as Lucas said these things thinking I wasn't there. Billy left and I heard footsteps come near me. I look and saw Lucas. My blood boiled seeing him. Automatically without thinking I raised my hand and slapped him. He looked at me with hurt and guilt flashing in his eyes. I saw the red mark I made and calmed down a bit. But nooo he HAD to start talking.
"Riley let me exp-"
"NO!" I cut him off
"Haven't you done enough Lucas?? Don't tell me anything!you know what forget about me because I'm leaving and never coming back" I shouted I turned around and ran away sobbing. I got home and packed my bag. I got my ticket that came with the acceptance letter and wrote a note for my family explaining why I left. I got up and went to the airport. On the way there I got so many calls and messages from Lucas. I ignored them all and just turned it off as I went to security.

As I took my seat and looked out my window.
Bye Family
Bye friends
Bye teachers
Bye high school
Bye New York
Bye America
And most importantly
Bye Lucas.