In LA With A Jerk (2)

Chapter 2

Annabelle's P.O.V

The big black SUV pulled up to our cousin's house, well it is more like a mansion, I mean it's freaking huge. "Wow, last time we were here his house was a lot smaller" Karen smiled "He moved house, he didn't just build it bigger!" Karen was pushing Jack too far. The big gates opened as we drove up the road. Me, Karen and Jack stood at the door, it flung open "Oh, Anna, Jack you've gotten so much taller since the last time I saw you!" Our Auntie Sue said. well yeah,we haven't seen them in 5 years "And Karen last time I saw you, you had a bear you wouldn't go anywhere without!" Karen smiled shyly I don't think she even remembers.                                                                                 

"The kids won't be back for a bit they are still at school" Our Aunt began.                                           

"Make yourselves at home they will be back in a few minutes" She said looking at her watch.    

 "The maids will take your bags to your rooms" We were sat in a big bright modern room, it was probably the size of my house's whole downstairs.

"I'd like to take mine to my room, you know to check it out" I shrugged. My Auntie Sue smiled at me

"Of course" She spoke softly and calmly and her smile made me feel less nervous and more welcome.

I walked up the stairs each step i took made a loud bang because of the semi-high heels I had on . When I was halfway up the stairs the front door opened, I turned around  "Hello, James" I smiled.

Chad's P.O.V

My phone started ringing

"You on your way?" Carl asked

"Yeah, has it already started?"

"No,people are only turning up"

"OK, see you in a minute" I hung up.

As I neared James' house I could hear loud music booming from his house, his neighbours are really going to be pissed off with him. I pulled up the drive and saw his mom with a little girl, she looked about 9.

 "Hi, Mrs.Baker, whose this?" I asked looking at the little girl.

"This is my niece, I'm taking her out for the night" The little girl held her hand out.

"Hi, I'm Karen!"She smiled and I shook her hand. She spoke in an English accent it was very cute.

I stepped into the house and almost immediately Carl can up to me and handed me a beer. There aren't very many people here yet, but driving up James' street there were a lot of people walking up so they should be here any second. Me and Carl walked into the dining room and sat down next to James and Steve who were playing poker. The door at the front opened and a load of screaming and shouting started so we decided to bail on the card game and party.

After an hour of girls trying to impress me by dancing in front of me I escaped to the kitchen to get a beer. There was a girl getting a bottle of water from the fridge. She didn't look like she was part of the party. She was wearing sweatpants, a white vest top and her hair was tied up in a messy ponytail. She looked like she wasn't wearing much make-up either, not like some of the girls at this party.

90% of the girls were wearing ultra mini skirts or dresses, about a foot of dark make-up and massive fake eyelashes. But she looked natural and she didn't care what people thought, most of the girls were rolling their eyes at her. I walked up to her.