Chapter 2~Lake Legends

~🌅The Next Morning🌅~*🧠📖🐉Mindreader's POV🐉📖🧠*

I woke up slowly. Sure, the bed-sheets and blankets weren't the most comfortable I had ever been in, even the blankets we had on NightWing Island were more comfortable then these, but at least they were warm, and I didn't want to leave them. The past few days seemed like one long dream. 

Except it's not a dream.'

True, I reunited with Robin after four years. But I miss my Dad. Did the word get out that I'm missing? Did Dad get word of it, and if he did, what is he thinking about right now? Is he worried sick?

I reluctantly sat up and saw that I wasn't the only one up, Quail was awake as well. The SkyWing Enclave member was sitting up in her bed.

"Morning Quail." I said to her.

She turned towards me before she replied. "Morning." That was all she said. The two of us then got dressed. When we were done, Rattlesnake and Desert Flower had woken up and were getting out of bed as well. When the two SandWings were dressed we went downstairs for breakfast.

When we got to the living room, we saw that the boys were already up and dressed. Of course, Robin still looked tired. "You all right Robin?" Rattlesnake asked him. "Other than having a weird dream about Stan walking out of the vending machine, I'm fine." He explained. We all then went into the kitchen together. Stan was in there and he made pancakes, grumbling the whole time. Although at this point, I was pretty sure we all knew that Stan was more roar than bite. At least when it came to personality.

As we ate breakfast Robin was flipping through a magazine, and his face brightened. "Hey guys, check this out!"Desert Flower leaned over.

"Human sized hamster balls? And they are five hundred dollars?!" I then leaned over as well, and I saw what she meant. "They don't even look that cool." I said. Robin shook his head and pointed to the page next to it.

"No, the monster hunt! It says here you can get a thousand dollars if you win this photo contest. We could really use that money, and if there are gnomes in these woods, there's bound to be plenty more things we can take pictures of." He explained.

I smiled at Robin. "That sounds like a great idea! Even if the money won't help us find out what the threat Prince Arctic was talking about is, we practically have nothing right now, and who knows when we might need it here." Robin let out a nervous laugh and gave me an awkward smile. 

He hasn't changed that much.' I thought. "Why don't we just take a picture of either the girls, Ogre, or our Monkart partners?" Nickkle asked. Spade shook his head. "It won't work. The judges would think that the girls and Ogre are cosplaying and the Monkart monsters are toys." The blue hired teen explained to him.

"From what I read in the journal, there's some pretty cool and mysterious stuff in this lake. We could get some good monster pictures there. We could head down there after work today, to see if we can find anything." Robin suggested. Me and the others quickly agreed, but just as we were working out the details, Stan walked in the room.

"Shack's closed today kids, I'm heading out, do whatever you want, just don't burn the place down."

I then smiled at the others. "Or we could go right now."

*🗡🐺Micheal's POV🐺🗡*

"Are you sure this is the right way?" Mindreaders asked us. Robin chuckled nervously and rubbed the back of his head.

"I mean, it should be. From what I can tell from the map and all, that is. Of course, after that wrong turn a few minutes ago, we might possibly be a little bit off course." He explained.