Chapter Five

(Dean's POV)

Dean stood in his room wearing a pair of grey sweatpants, his white t-shirt hanging loosely in his hand, though he made no effort to put it on. He was lost in thought about the activities he was doing with Cas; the one he had next in mind wouldn't be an issue, a movie night was fairly straightforward, but Dean was worried about the last one he had hoped to do. Dean knew what he wanted to do, but this time he didn't want Sam to tag along, and he wasn't sure how he could ask it of Cas. All these worries circled through his head, each time revisited worse than the previous. Dean tried to focus on the more immediate task, but the thoughts he was trying to suppress continued to pop up in the shadows. He threw his shirt onto his bed to run his fingers through his hair in exasperation. However, Dean was soon interrupted by a hesitant knock on his door, and called for them to come in. He heard the handle turn quietly, so Dean turned around to face his visitor.

"Cas," breathed Dean, dropping his hands in pleasant shock. His face flushed as he saw what his fallen angel was wearing; a pair of navy blue plaid pajama bottoms, and a thin white shirt. Dean was surprised to see his friend without the familiar trench coat, but thought the blue suited him nevertheless. Looking back up to Cas's face, Dean saw that he too had flushed at the sight of his friend. Cas's eyes were running the length of Dean's body subsequently causing Dean to blush even more.

"I'm sorry for intruding," mumbled Cas while backing out of the room. Dean assumed the reaction was due to the quizzical look he was giving his friend.

Dean stepped forward to grab his friend's arm. "Cas, you're fine," laughed Dean. "What did you need?"

"Oh, okay. You told Sam and I to decide on a movie, and I have finally picked one," replied Cas as he stepped back into Dean's room.

"That's great Cas! What'd you choose?" asked Dean with an eager smile.

"Remember when Sam named us after The Avengers for our FBI Badges? Well, I still don't entirely understand that reference, therefore I wish to watch that movie," stated Cas excitedly.

"Excellent choice, Cas. Let's go," suggested Dean as he started heading out of the room.

"Dean, should you, uh...," trailed Cas, vaguely gesturing to the white cotton shirt thrown carelessly onto the bed.

"Nah. C'mon let's go," said Dean. He placed a hand between Cas's shoulder blades to push him out of the room.

They walked through the empty halls before arriving at their destination where they found Sam stretched across one of the couches, bedecked in deep red plaid pants with a white shirt, quite similar to Cas. Always with the plaid, thought Dean as he looked at his brother, can't go anywhere without it. I wonder if that's where Cas got his pants...

Cas took a seat on the other couch while Dean surveyed everything prepared for his movie night. "Popcorn? Check. Candy? Check. Blankets? Check. Drinks? Check. Movie? Yup, Cas took care of that," rambled Dean absentmindedly.

He had a big bowl of popcorn along with a lot of smaller bowls full of stereotypical movie theatre candy sitting next to a large pile of blankets on the table in front of his and Cas's couch. He poured himself a glass of ice water before plopping down on Cas's left, remote in hand.