04- THREATS BECAME THREATS

Thursday 6:45 AM

Nova was still fast asleep, as it had been an exhausting day yesterday. Normally she would've been up already, at quarter to seven. Well school starts at 8 AM and being fast at getting ready for school is actually quite impossible, when four siblings, plus their mother sometimes, when she wasn't on a business trip, are in such a hurry at the same time.
Kele being a carrying brother, who's in charge most of the time as he was the oldest in this household right now, noticed at some point that one family member is still missing.
  So, he stormed into Nova's room and shook her awake.
His sister woke up immediately and glared at him furiously. "HEY! CAN'T YOU SEE THAT I AM RESTING, KELE?!"
"IT'S SEVEN IN THE MORNING, YOU SLEEPING BEAUTY! DON'T BLAME ME," he yelled back at her and let go of Nova.

'Fucking hell', Nova thought. 'It can't be that late already...'
She wouldn't have time to take a shower and what about breakfast? Right on queue her stomach revealed that she it was literally starving, her tummy was screaming for food. She jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom as fast as she could. Trying to open the door, Nova got anxious when she realised that someone was inside, locked in the restroom and humming to a song.
"ALEXA?! I NEED TO GET INSIDE! I OVERSLEPT! PLEASE HURRY!"
No answer. 'Is she deaf?! Or just ignoring me?'

Nova ran back to her room and picked up some clothes from the floor, she decided to wear today: Black ripped jeans and a black, comfortable hoodie, almost the same things she had worn yesterday. Luckily, her brothers couldn't see her like that. They would've died from laughing by just looking at Nova right now. Tousled hair and unvarnished. She sat down at her dressing table and fixed her hair and make-up as good as possible.
Then, Nova looked at herself in the mirror and she was satisfied with how it ended up under pressure. It's a simple outfit and the make not as good as always, yes, but more than enough for a girl in an absolute hurry.

Nova heard Alexa getting out of the bathroom and her sister sprinted inside as fast as she could. Nova brushed her teeth in less than two minutes, and one last glance in the mirror revealed again that she wasn't able to cover up her bags under the eyes because there wasn't the time for this. Then Kele yelled from downstairs that he is going to start the car, with or without his siblings.
Nova dropped everything she was currently holding in her hand, ran back to her room to grab her rucksack, jumped down the stairs and took a deep breath after getting to a halt in front of Kele.

"You look like, you run a marathon....", Alexa said raising an eyebrow. She stood right next to Kele and looked marvellous like she always did, when she was going somewhere.
"Ohhh, if you had come out of the bathroom a bit earlier, I would have had still plenty of time to do some eye make-up. Now deal with me looking horrible, little sis."
"Okay, C'mon children. First period starts in half an hour, and it'll already take 20 minutes to just get to school, means we have ten minutes left, maximum, to get through the crowd of students and you know how hard that can be...", Kele said, gesturing with his hand to step outside.
"What about Jean?"
"Is having a fever. AND I TOLD HIM TO WEAR A JACKET AT THE ICE RINK. WHY IS HE NEVER LISTENING TO ME?!", Kele complained, while Alexa just patted his shoulder. Jean's a professional ice skater, since he was seven and is training very hard for the upcoming championship, like he did yesterday after he left the school. Obviously without a jacket on...

"Okay, now hurry!", Kele grabbed his daydreaming sister by her wrist and dragged her outdoors.

*

"Where have you- Woah Nova, what's up with your face?"
"Don't ask James. Just... don't ask", Nova quickly responded and sat down next to him. Normally she would wear make-up like Jordan Mooney did.
The teacher wasn't there yet. 'Lucky me', Nova thought. She has been five minutes late already and thought about an excuse on her way to the classroom, like 'Sorry there was an accident right on our way to school and yes, I look like I've been involved, but I'm fine. You should see the other guy.'
Then she looked at James innocently. "But Jaime, you would lend me your eyeliner, wouldn't you? It would be a matter of five minutes..." Nova blinked twice and smiled brightly.
'Did she just act cute, to get her beautiful face cover up?', James was indeed thinking, still in shock. 'Nova actually doesn't need any makeup.'