"Sponsored"

"So what do you think Cayde wants us to steal from them anyway?"

The two were patiently waiting on the edge of a cliffside, watching the Fallen Patrol as they were guarding a small cave near Winter's Run. Swift had never been to Venus before so the scouting gave him time to soak in the sights. Him and Misfit had even taken time to watch a sunrise across the landscape of the planet.

Swift turned to his ghost, "Well, it's Cayde, and the House of Winter are greedy little guys, so it's probably-"

"Loot, got it."

Swift watched the small crew pace back and forth around the cave, wondering how he could steal this package without killing anyone, The Fallen were enemies, but Swift hated unnecessary violence. Plus he'd managed to make some Eliksni friends less than a week into his life as a Guardian.

"I think I might have an idea to distract them."

"What's that?" The Ghost was already skeptical of Swift's idea.

"Well, technically you're golden age technology..."

"I already hate where this is going."

"Well if it works..."

Misfit rebutted sarcastically "What do you expect me to do? Just walk up to them and start trying to sell them Häkke products?"

The Exo's eyes glowed brighter as he slowly turned to his ghost, a small grin made it's way across his metal frame.

"...Don't..." Misfit said softly.

"Oh were doing it now."

"Doing what...?" Misfit immediately regretted saying anything, even if it was a joke.

5 minutes later and Misfit was covered in brands all over his shell. He was a walking advertisement and Swift was enjoying every second of his humiliation. He hadn't even gotten to the part where he had to become a salesman. The color changing shader made it even more over the top.

"How did you come up with this shell so fast?"

"Oh. I bought it from Eververse a week ago."

Misfit looked at Swift with a disgruntled appearance. The Hunter had modded his lens with an improved holoprojector along with the ability to make expressions.

"You've been thinking about this idea for a while, haven't you?"

Swift continued to mess with his ghost, "You said it out loud, not me. Plus, the Wire Rifles can't break your shield."

"...I know..."

"And it's the perfect strategy for this scenario."

"...Yup..."

Misfit let out a sigh of acceptance, "Alright... let's just get this over with."

Swift made his way down the cliff, finding the nearest hiding spot he could while Misfit went down the other side to distract. The ghost verbalized a deep breath before making his way towards the Fallen guarding the cave.

Swift watched as the Ghost immediately grabbed the attention of every single Eliksni guarding the cave. The Vandal in charge was captivated by the colorful Ghost speaking Eliksni and projecting Sparrows, Guns, and everything alike. The Vandal was astonished at both the Ghost and the holoprojections being flashed in front of its eyes. It even started to inspect Misfit, wondering how the colors on the shell were changing.

"No way this is working." Swift was almost giddy at the fact it was working this well. Normally his ideas were stupid, sometimes intentionally like this one. And yet, it was working like a charm.

Swift had already sneaked his way into the cave and grabbed the stolen glimmer. He made his way out and signaled to his companion. Misfit was starting to feel bad considering these Eliksni hadn't shot at him yet, but it was stolen goods. The Ghost quickly apologized in Eliksni and transmatted towards Swift. The Hunter ran up the cliffside and quickly escaped on his sparrow before the crew could shoot at him.

The two didn't say anything for a short moment until Swift chimed in,

"...It does look good on you..."

"Not a word to anyone about this."

"Fine, but you gotta keep the shell."

"...Fine."