CHAPTER 2- Last Night

Mallory

  It's Saturday my flight to Malibu is tomorrow evening. Right now I'm at the mall shopping for last minute clothes. I'm going to be away for three months I need new clothes. So far I only found two shirts at Zara. Some shorts at PacSun. Since it's May, it is going to be hot as hell. I'm currently at Nordstrom admiring these sandals I came across.

  I checked the tags 200 bucks. I almost croaked over at the price. They were Tory Burch sandals. I mean come on can't pass these up. I checked to make sure the shoes were my size. They were. I put them in my cart. And continued to roamed through the store. There's not much it's irritating me. I can't shop online my flight is tomorrow night.

  After picking up a few more items. I wait to checkout. I pulled out my phone checking some notifications. Not much really be going on in my phone. It's mostly business shit only. I have two friends Raina and Ashton that hit up my phone sometimes.

Speaking of them they texted the group chat.

(Riana)- "Guys we should meet up before Mal leave us"

(Ashton)- "Definitely let's go out for hookah😛"

Ashton and Raina has been my besties since the 3rd grade. Raina is the brains of the trio. She's blunt as hell and will defend us like no other . I guess you can say she's the mother of the group. Alongside Ashton who's a girl. Yes her mom gave her a boy name. The backstory. Her mother thought she was supposed to be a little boy. Instead she came out a girl. The rest is history. Ashton is the queer one of the trio. She's pansexual how ironic. The most sexual too. She gets around. And me well I guess you can say the dramatic one. I'll cry and bitch to get my way. Works in my favor. I'm a total drama queen. Since then we've been turning Houston upside down.

  I replied to their text agreeing to meet up at the hookah lounge. Before I could put my phone away.  A text from a random number popped up telling me to call them. I crinkled my brows. Who the hell? Shortly before I could call. It was my turn in line.

  Leaving the Nordstrom I hurried and called the number. It ranged for a minute. Suddenly a deep voice answered the phone.

"Hello?" The man answers.

  "Hi uh this is Mallory Smith I was told to call this number"

"Ah yes ..Hello Mallory I'm Nathan, Carter's publicist/manager " He says.

"Oh Hi how are you?" I asked genuinely.

I went over to an empty bench to take a seat. I placed my heavy shopping bags down beside me.

"Good..Great actually sorry to bother you at this time, is this appropriate?"

"Yes yes this is a great time" I lied this not a great time. It's currently 5pm. My friends want to meet up tonight. I still have shopping to do.

"Great so I'm going to message you Mr. Hendrix schedule so you'll know whens the best time to start interviewing him, also Carter doesn't open up very easily so I suggest not to barge him with questions on the first day" He tells me.

"So what the hell I'm supposed to do sit there and look pretty?"

He chuckles through the phone.

"Good one.." I didn't laugh with him. He cleared his throat.

"Uh sorry no we would like for you to get to know him first so that way he can fill you out"

I frowned my face.

What the hell does that mean? "Fill you out". This Carter guy is a bit odd.

"Another thing his father is a bit overbearing of Carter very adamant about his privacy so don't ask too many personal questions he won't like it , never get too close with him either his father can tell who's using Carter for their own personal gain" I shifted a little.