CHAPTER 1- Operation Carter

Mallory

"Mal I love you..but the show is not doing so well" My manager Gwen informed me.

As of lately my late night show has been flopping. My viewers think I've softened up my content. Before we got picked up on TV I had my show on Youtube. I was let's say more raw and uncut. Everyone loved my honesty, my unbiased opinions, and most importantly how accurate my sources are. But when we got picked up on TV with a 3 million dollar deal. I toned down my image and it's gotten me nowhere.

I slouched in my chair as she show me a slideshow of my ratings declining. Gwen kept going into detail about how this might effect my career.

"Mal you need to step it up if you want to be the next .. I don't know Oprah or .. shoot Wendy Williams" I rolled my eyes even harder.

"Terrible examples" I responded.

Gwen Scoffed and threw her arms up.

"Mallory I'm being serious here if you don't get those ratings up consider your show gone" She gave me a stern look.

I stopped slouching and sat up in my seat I hate when Gwen gets all serious. Sometimes her criticism is just her whining. I intertwined my fingers together and prompted them on my desk.

"Spill it Gwen what do you suggest?" Her face lit up when I asked, you would've thought I bought her Chanel.

She takes her iPad and changed the slideshow. This slideshow was named "Carter". I frowned because what is she stirring up? She proceeded to put her iPad down and walked to the board. She takes her remote hitting next. What came up was a picture of a man who was eh attractive. I gazed at the picture then at her. She shoots me a bright smile before speaking up.

"Here's our money maker right here Carter Hendrix the actor on the rise" She says.

I laughed out loud. "And who is he supposed to be?"

"Your ticket to more fame if you hush and listen" I shut my mouth because I'm interested.

"Remember your big break when you made the exposé on that famous basketball player and his cheating scandal with his girlfriend "

"Oh yeah Tristian Thompson haha good times .. good times" I answered

Gwen smirked.

"Well this guy story is even juicer.. you see people will do anything to get on top and he just so happens to be the people" she proceeds.

I furrowed my brows I'm even more curious about this tea she's about to spill.

"Word on the street is that Mr. Carter here is having an affair with the heiress of Hbo and she just so happens to be engaged" Gwen grins harder as I processed this info.

I almost fell out my seat hearing this mess. Talk about man whore. I'm already invested, this is the type of content my viewers want from me again.

"How do you know about all of this?" I asked

"Let's just say Carter has some snakes in his camp.. once you piss off your team the mouths get to talkin" She field the question.

I sat in awe. This story could make me millions.

" Carter is currently down in Malibu filming for a role in a movie all you have to do is go down there get some juicy info.. come back with a well put together exposé for the show and we'll be back in the public good graces" She divulged.

"Woah when do you expect this to be done? this can't happen over night"

She swiftly walked over to my desk and stood infront of me.