Episode 7: Part 4

EXT. MANSION - BACK AIRSTRIP - MORNING - MINUTES LATER

The silver car PARKS next to Elmore's jet, which is in a field before the white mansion. A pilot exits it, hands folded behind their back, formally dressed and waiting. A classic looking man. Elmore and Bryant STEP from the car.

ELMORE
There.

Elmore hand gestures to the jet.

BRYANT
And the money?

Bryant waves the gun towards the entrance of the estate, beckoning Elmore to walk ahead of him, which he does.

I.E. ELEVATOR/ATTIC - BRIGHT - MINUTES LATER

Elmore and Bryant occupy an elevator. The compartment TRAVELS up to the fifth floor. DINGNG. A metal door greets them on the level, bearing a padlock. Numbers are BEEPED in by Elmore's fingers. The door WHIRLS OPEN. Revealing an attic. Huge. Tall slanted ceilings. Dust and cobwebs. Many locked chests riddle the floor, hiding the floor completely.

Elmore UNLOCKS one of the chest and takes out a single golden ruby. Holding it up in the sunlight. The item gleams and sparkles. Bryant STEPS out of the elevator and into the attic, observing the ruby in Elmore's hand. His eyes going eager and tempted.

ELMORE
There.

BRYANT
That's worth 200 million...you expect me to believe that?

SILENCE takes over the room. Elmore twirls the ruby then turns to Bryant, who shares a doubtful look.

ELMORE
My grandfather was a diver, all his life he purged the waters of Antarctic,
in the very depths, he found frozen treasure. One would think the bitter temperature
would have froze him to death, like a popsicle, but it did not.
That has always mystified me...he was peculiar for a human, and
very prosperous. So much that spending all of his findings is impossible.

He stands and places the ruby in Bryant's hand.

ELMORE (CONT'D)
You can go appraise this item, if you have misgivings.

BRYANT
I never take payment unless I finish the job...
what do you want me to do for this?

ELMORE
You are a spy, correct?

Bryant nods slowly.

ELMORE (CONT'D)
You will receive multiple payments
for investigating several individuals.

Elmore takes something from his pocket. RUSTLING PAPER. He shows a ripped sided page to Bryant. The ancient Slavic drawing of his relatives.

BRYANT
I'll need more evidence than portraits.

Elmore turns the piece of paper backwards, Elmore FLIPS to next page. Revealing the looped strains of hairs that are pressed into the backside of the page, in different colors, navy, red, blond, brown.

I.E. MOVIE THEATER - DARK - DAYS LATER

Colored leaves decorate the outside grounds of a movie theater. A line of people stretch around the corner, some wearing short sleeves, some in jackets . WIND BLOWS, WHISTLING. Cars DRIVE past. Tami, Kelly and three other girls, near an outside ticket booth.