Eywa Had Reason

TW: Death, Suicidal Ideation, ED, Grief, Slight PTSD(I think)

Prologue 

.

.

.

All of the Sully's stood there. All in a circle around her. Y/N pushed past Kiri and Neteyam with a woven basket of supplies. Mo'at was holding her stomach while Jake held her hands. Kiri beamed. Lo'ak had a face of discomfort. Neteyam was smiling.

"You are going to have to push harder, 'Tiri," Y/N said with a little laughter. They were childhood friends. Y/N hadn't missed a moment of Neytiri's life. She had always been there. 

Neytiri cried out in pain. Her head suddenly shoots up, and she gasps. "I need the children to leave. Please, make them leave."

"Hey, hey, what's wrong?" 

"Ma' Jake, I can feel my heartbeat weakening." 

.

.

.

With her last breath, she named the baby. It had been years since then. The baby, Tuk, now a chubby toddler. Mo'at watched them while Jake led battles. Tonight was the first night Mo'at spoke up about the message Eywa had given her. "Jakesully, Eywa has been sending me a message for a while now. Eywa thinks it's time you found another mate."

"Neytiri was my one and only mate. I will not have another as long as I live."

"Jake! The children need a sa'nok. It is an order from Eywa. You cannot say no."

"They have a sa'nok. They have a mother. Eywa will have to forgive me, Mo'at. I couldn't ever mate with another." 

Lo'ak and Kiri peeked into the room despite Neteyam's pleads not to. "If he finds out we listened, I'll get in trouble," Neteyam whispered.

"Nete, this is important. We have to know if we are getting a mother," Kiri said even quieter than Neteyam. She was hiding just how excited she was. She wanted a mother. She had already lost two. Neteyam's ears flattened to his head in worry. He did not want his mother to be replaced. 

"Jake, it is what Eywa told me. It is not my word."

"But you agree, Mo'at. You think I can't raise my own children. You think I'm stealing a good future from my children by not giving them a replacement. You want to replace your own daughter."

"Jake, I do not wish to replace her. I do not think you are a bad father. I know that Eywa has reason. Reason for all, Jakesully. I will not harass yet with Eywa's choice of woman. But, just know we will have this talk again soon. Now go check on your children. They have missed you."

"Mo'at. I must know who Eywa chose now. Who am I supposed to mate?"

"Y/N." Mo'at spun around and left back to her cave. Jake's eyes widened in shock. How was he to marry Neytiri's best friend. They might has well have been sisters. They had a great bond. How was he to ruin Neytiri's trust. Was Eywa punishing him? Had being a sky person finally caught up to him? 

He shook the thoughts and started toward the other side of his cave. Kiri and Lo'ak gasped and jumped towards their hammocks. Neteyam rolled his eyes and turned in his hammock. They all three closed their eyes just in time. Jake entered the room. He first visited Tuk. He smiled at how silly she looked and kissed her head. He then did the same to Kiri. He stopped between Lo'ak and Neteyam's hammocks. He gently smacked Lo'ak's head in a playful way. "I know you're awake." 

Lo'ak eyes opened, and Jake laughed at the face his son made. He leaned down and kissed his son on the head and then did the same to Neteyam. "Try to get some sleep, Lo'ak," Jake said with a large smile. Lo'ak's eyes closed, and he slipped to sleep. Jake went to the small pond outside their cave. He washed the paint from his skin with the water. Using the paste Na'vi make. It acts as soap. He looks out at the village. He lets his eyes shut as he takes a deep breath. An image of Neytiri laying bloody while her eyes fluttered closed. Jake's eyes opened immediately. His heart beat boomed and he took fast, uneven breaths. Gasping for air. When he finally calmed, he saw Y/N there. He immediately got mad.