// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part eighteen

»»——⍟——««

       "Oh, wonderful! How did you do?" Bulma asked. Y/n swallowed nervously, trying to think of any way out of her situation. She really didn't want to spoil the surprise. She'd seen how nervous and afraid Gohan got that Y/n would be leaving him. She wanted to see the shock and surprise on his face when he learned that Y/n wasn't leaving for good.

"She aced it! Y/n's so smart, Bulma, maybe even more than you." Gohan interjected with a grin, glancing down at Y/n to see her reaction. Y/n blushed brightly, scratching the back of her head nervously as she chuckled.

"I-I doubt that, Gohan..." Y/n stuttered. Gohan's smile grew as he leaned closer to Y/n with a smirk. Y/n's face completely flushed as Gohan slipped his hand around her back, holding her waist as he innocently smiled. Bulma watched the two with a brow raised, before smirking.

"I didn't know you two were a thing." Bulma spoke. Y/n yelped, feeling as though her heart would claw its way out of her chest any moment now. Before Gohan could drag Y/n any deeper into the nerve-racking conversation about their odd friendship/relationship, Y/n shot upward onto her feet.

"I need to speak with you privately, Bulma!" Y/n accidentally said a little too loud, catching everyone's attention. Bulma looked up at her in confusion, before muttering out a confused agreement as she stood up. Gohan furrowed his brows as Y/n looked back, giving him a small smile, before following Bulma through the glass doors into her house. Though their conversation was muted, Gohan could see them through the glass. Bulma put her hand on her hip as she looked at Y/n in bewilderment, to which Y/n apologized nervously.

"I-I'm sorry, Bulma, I don't mean to be rude. I just didn't want Gohan to overhear our conversation." Y/n began, before sighing and explaining. "I haven't told Gohan about our plans. I wanted to surprise him. He's been really sad and under the impression that I'm leaving him, I wanted to wait and surprise him once I start college."

"How sweet." Bulma giggled, relaxing. "So, you passed, huh? I would've taken you in anyway, it would've been fun. At least more fun than babysitting my man-child."

Bulma glanced out the door towards her husband, who was still working away at lunch, now taking to eating off Bulma's plate of food. She rolled her eyes, pinching the bridge of her nose. Y/n smiled at the woman's annoyance, chuckling.

"Well, I wanted to give it all my effort. But now that I've passed, I'm going to be graduating Monday. I was hoping you could help me get my college stuff set up, I want to start as soon as possible. I also need to figure out a living space." Y/n said. Bulma hummed, thinking.

"Well, you could just stay here, that'll be easiest. And as for school, I'll get your sponsorship set up. You just focus on finishing high school, I'll handle the rest." Bulma said. Y/n couldn't stop the grin that was forming, nodding her head.

"Thank you, Bulma. You don't know how much this means to me." Y/n said. Bulma nodded, leading Y/n further into her house as the two began to plan and prepare. Y/n looked back to the glass doors, making eye contact with Gohan, who watched her disappear into the house in confusion. After graduation, there was only one thing left that Y/n wanted to do. Speak to Goku about hunting down the Dragon Balls.

There was absolutely no way Y/n was going to just let her memories sit locked up forever in her brain, wondering how much time and memories had been ripped away. Y/n understood why Gohan would do such a thing, but Y/n just couldn't handle it. That was her mind, her memories that he had interfered with. Her mind was her safe place, and it wasn't Gohan's right to mess with it. So Y/n was going to rewind his wish, with the assistance of Goku.