leena

Leena Klammer A.K.A "Esther" Coleman is the main antagonist in Orphan. She was played by Isabelle Fuhrman.

Name

Leena Klammer
"Esther" Coleman
Age

33

Hair

Black

Occupation

Serial Killer

Family

Kate Coleman - Adoptive Mother
John Coleman - Adoptive Father †
Daniel Coleman - Adoptive Brother
Max Coleman - Adoptive Sister
Jessica Coleman - Adoptive Sister †
Unnamed Adoptive Father †
Unnamed Adoptive Mother †
Unnamed Adoptive Brother †
First Seen

Orphan (2009) KILL COUNT

Last Seen

Orphan (2009) KILL COUNT

Cause of Death

Neck broken by kick/drowned💔👊🏻

Status

Deceased

Time of Death

2009

Nationality

Europian

Biography
The deceased daughter of Kate and John Coleman's third child, Jessica, has caused tension in their marriage. Kate is in recovery from alcoholism, so the loss of Jessica is very difficult for her. She and John make the decision to adopt Esther, a 9-year-old Russian girl from the neighborhood orphanage St. Mariana's Home for Girls. Their 12-year-old son, Daniel, is chilly to Esther while their 5-year-old deaf daughter, Max, hugs her.

John and Kate start having s*xual relations one night, but Esther stops them. Esther displays significantly more s*x knowledge than would be anticipated of a child her age, which makes Kate apprehensive. Then, in front of Max and Daniel, Esther acts aggressively by murdering a wounded bird and seriously hurting a student who was cruelly tormenting her. Sister Abigail, the director of the orphanage, pays a visit to the home and informs Kate and John that sad incidents and mishaps frequently occur around Esther, including the house fire that claimed the lives of her previous adoptive family. Sister Abigail is prevented from returning by Esther, who first causes her car to crash on the highway before killing her with a hammer. Max is coerced into assisting her in moving the body, and she later conceals the evidence in Daniel's treehouse. She confronts Daniel about what he saw later that evening, interrogating him angrily and threatening to castrate him if he informs Kate and John that he saw them at the treehouse.

John thinks Kate is being paranoid and tells Esther to do something pleasant for Kate as she grows more persuaded of Esther's strange behavior. Kate receives a bouquet of flowers from Esther after she rips the flowers off Jessica's grave. Kate is appalled and grabs Esther's arm firmly, saying she did this on purpose. She is upset and frustrated. Esther fractures her own arm that evening and wrongly accuses Kate, severely straining Kate and John's union. The following day, Max is inside the automobile when Esther releases the brake, sending it careening into oncoming traffic. She also mentions the alcohol she discovered in the kitchen, which prompts Kate's therapist to recommend Kate go back to rehab. If she declines, John threatens to divorce her and take the kids. Esther claims to have come from an orphanage, but Kate finds that she actually came from an Estonian mental institution, and the orphanage has no record of her.

Esther sets the treehouse on fire and makes an effort to kill Daniel when he investigates it after learning about Sister Abigail's passing from Max, but Max stops her. Esther tries to kill Daniel with a pillow as he is being treated for terrible injuries, but medical personnel are able to save his life. Before Esther is restrained and sedated, an outraged Kate slaps her. That evening, Esther dresses provocatively and makes an attempt to entice John, who, recognizing Kate had been accurate about Esther's conduct, threatens to send Esther back to the orphanage.

Dr. Värava of the Saarne Institute contacts Kate in the hospital and informs her that Esther is actually Leena Klammer, 33, an Estonian-born woman. She has spent the majority of her life pretending to be a little girl due to hypopituitarism, a rare hormonal disease that delayed her physical growth and resulted in proportional dwarfism. Leena is a violent person who has killed at least seven people, including the most recent adoptive family. Leena takes off the ribbons around her neck and wrists that were covering scars from her attempts to escape straitjackets while she was a patient at the institution after failing to seduce her adoptive father. After taking off her disguise, Leena kills John with a knife. Leena tries to shoot Kate as she runs home, hurting her arm. After Leena starts shooting at Max, Kate climbs through the roof and takes out Esther.

Death
Leena attacks Kate at the frozen pond, forcing Kate and Max to fall onto the ice as the police arrive. Leena and Kate are submerged as a result of Max's attempt to shoot Leena but failure to break the ice. Leena clings to Kate's legs as she climbs out. Leena begs Kate to save her, but Kate kicks Leena in the face and breaks her neck. While Kate and Max are being greeted by police, Leena's body sinks into the pond.

James gave her the Golden Chainsaw because it was wild to see a grown woman kick a little girl in the face.

Victims
Unnamed Father - Killed and burned by "Esther"/Leena
Unnamed Mother - Burned by "Esther"/Leena
Unnamed Son - Burned by "Esther"/Leena
Pigeon - Crushed by "Esther"/Leena with a rock
Sister Abigail - Beaten to death with hammer
John Coleman - Stabbed to death by Esther/Leena