𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐡

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART !
chapter thirteen ―― booyah

❛ SURVIVOR'S HEART ! ❜chapter thirteen ―― booyah

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE LOOKED UP, her arms still tight around Mason, when the light from the door shut off

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ CHARLIE LOOKED UP, her arms still tight around Mason, when the light from the door shut off. Rick raised his gun and started forward, the others following him. "Daryl, cover the back." Shane told him and he turned, scanning the area for walkers as they made their way towards the door. They stayed closed together once they were inside and Daryl stayed by the door, his gun raised.

"Hello?" Rick called out, his voice echoing through the space. "Hello?"

"Close those doors." Dale told them and Daryl and T-Dog pulled the doors closed. "Watch for wallers." They all looked around, the space was big and it seemed like it was completely empty. Mason put Charlie back on her feet and she winced when she took a step. She had her head tilted back as she looked up, spinning in a slow circle taking in the vast room. She turned when a gun cocked, everyone that had a gun turned and raised their guns in the direction the sound came from. Charlie reached for hers and pulled from the waistband of her jeans – making a note to find a holster for it – and raised it as she shuffled on her feet so she stood closer to Mason. The boy had his own gun raised and he stepped forward putting himself in front of her.

"Anybody infected?" A man shouted, a gun aimed at the group as he stood in the shadows.

"One of our group was." Rick told him. "He didn't make it."

The man stepped forward a little, not lowering his guns and neither did any of the group. "Why are you here? What do you want?"

"A chance."

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know." Rick told him, desperation in his voice. Charlie shifted on her feet as the man looked around, his eyes jumping from person to person and he could see that all of them were scared and tired and in need of help.

"You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission."

"We can do that." Rick nodded and the man lowered his gun.