Chapter Six: Vendetta

The dance was amazing, exhilarating, Azura had planned it all out with Eleanor, what steps to take, when to take them. So why was she looking in the mirror and crying? Why did she hurt?

The last moment she had with Ena hadn't lasted very long, they never got closer, never closed the distance, never gave in. Ena had pulled away from her, quickly saying she had something to attend to. Had she not wanted to dance? Did she not like it? Azura didn't understand how the wingless thought, how they functioned.

The emotional moment was rudely interrupted by the door to Ena's champers opening ever so quietly. The footsteps weren't Ena's, that was evident. They were too quiet to be Spencer's, and Eleanor didn't shift her weight like that.

Azura wiped her tears off quickly and opened the lavatory door slightly, just enough to see who had entered.

She never got a good look at their face, all she saw was the dagger glinting in the sunlight. She knew a decision had to be made fast, but she had never been good at decisions, then again, she has been rather spontaneous recently.

She opened the door, pretending to be Ena, or as if she hadn't just seen the random person walk in with a weapon. And Just as she had expected they turned towards her and lunged, but even though she expected it she wasn't prepared.

She caught the dagger in her hand just before it plunged into her gut.

"Shit." she said, looking down at the black blood dripping down to the floor.

"The fuck?" the attempted assassin exclaimed, suddenly distracted, they then noticed her wings were real and not some craft of sticks, "the fuck!"

A far too familiar voice rang through Azura's head.

"Take the dagger from them and use it to end this," she said, almost amused by the sudden action.

"No," Azura said aloud, freaking out the assassin even more.

"If you won't do it I will," she stifled a laugh.

"You can't escape if I don't-"

"Say my name?" The laugh escaped her, "just don't think of it like that, think of how if you let them go, they'll just try to kill the real Ena, and knowing her they might just succeed."

Azura went silent, contemplating.

"Let go!" the assassin yelled as Azura's grip got tighter.

"Just think of the slaughter, the blood escaping from her body, the life draining from her eyes. And really, if that happened, it would be your fault," she blamed it so casually on Azura.

"Fine." Azura caved.

"Well then my little dog, you know what to do."

"Only if you promise not to hurt anyone else," Azura proclaimed.

There was a long sigh, "fine, I won't hurt any other person, I can't say I'll spare any animals though."

"Who the fuck are you talking to?" The assassin budded in again, attempting, and failing, to rip their hand from Azura's.

She turned her head back to them, making direct and incredibly uncomfortable eye contact.

"Vendetta."

Their eyes went wide as hers changed to a blood red, nothing else physically changed about her but she just seemed darker, the feathers of her wings seemed sharper, and her gaze was more fixed.

"Wonderful to meet you darling," Vendetta said smiling, "but I'm afraid our little Kiki won't be lasting very long."

She ripped the dagger from their grip, spinning it in her hand and turning it towards them. She inspected the blade ever so slightly before plunging in between their fourth and fifth ribs, straight to the heart.