info dumps :)

As the squad walks through Kashyyyk, Omega takes in everything with awe, asking question after question, Tech happily answering every one of them a little too well. Hunter leads the group through the massive forest, Wrecker and Echo following right behind him with impatient looks on their faces.

"What is this?" Omega asks yet another question as she points to an odd looking plant.

"That is a mushbloom. Mushblooms are a delicacy on Kashyyyk, but must be picked before the fungi reach maturity. Once the bulbous, bioluminescent fruiting body has formed, they are highly poisonous. Incidents of mushbloom poisoning are rare, but often fatal." Tech replies, a smile appearing at the chance to share his knowledge. 

"Fascinating." y/n smiles as she looks over at Tech, unaware of his cheeks reddening under his helmet. Unlike the other bad batch members, y/n was always happy to hear Tech go on and on about anything. She was always pleased to learn something new, especially if it was Tech teaching it to her. 

"And what about his thing?" Omega held a bug up to Tech, much to Wrecker's dismay, which he was very vocal about.

Tech's eyes lit up at the small creature. He delicately let it crawl up onto the armor on the back of his hand as he began to explain.

"This is a Green Mudhorn beetle! They're one of the 2,351 native bee-"

"Blah. Blah. No one cares." Wrecker mocked Tech as he rolled his eyes. Y/n didn't miss the way Tech shrunk his shoulders, saddened by his brother's comment.

"Some of us do care, Wrecker." Y/n scoffs at him as she playfully shoves Wrecker for his rude comment. Despite the many times Tech's enhanced helmet had saved him and the whole squad, he was never more appreciative of it than at this moment. Without it, he wouldn't have been able to hide the deep red that covered his cheeks as y/n asked him to continue.

"They're one of the 2,351 native beetle species on Kashyyyk. They're known for they're brilliant green wing caps, as well as the hooked horn that rests on the frontside of their head. This horn acts as a fighting apparatus meant to deter sexual competitors and display their health to potential mates. Their main diet consists of..." 

Y/n began to space off as she listened to Tech, but this wasn't the first time. It was a common occurrence for her to get lost in his voice, thoughts only revolving around him. Eyes mindlessly studying his every feature, always settling on his entrancing, honey eyes. Mouth upturned with a small, warm smile. Tech was always kind about it, being patient with her and always happy to repeat anything. 

Tech took notice of the way y/n's steps slowed as she listened, though by the way her eyes focused in on him and her thoughts visibly slowed, he knew she wasn't really listening anymore. When Tech ceased speaking, y/n was snapped out of her trance and began apologizing profusely, as per usual. 

"It is perfectly fine, I assure you." Tech attempted to ensure her as he always did, only this time y/n wasn't letting it go. More apologies spewed out of her mouth as her thoughts raced in disappointment of herself. How could she make a point of "some of us do want to hear" and then not even listen?

"I really am sorry, Tech.. I didn't mean to-" y/n quiets as Tech places a warm hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay." He says, looking deep into her eyes, showing her that he truly means it. This however, only causes y/n to blush and become flustered. An uncontrollable smile now overtaking her features, she reaches her lips up to Tech's cheek and places a kiss on the cool of his helmet. 

"You're the best, ner cyar'ika."