Eve, Sou, 12 years old.

''Eve-san... Is everyone in the world out there like them? A-Are they all so mean..?''

Eve thought carefully about his answer. They were currently patching themselves up after a huge group of people had walked up to them and.. did unspeakable acts to them. It had been happening for a while now, every group consisted of different people but all from the same group with the same motive. Their motives were unknown, but whatever it was, it had something to do with Eve and Sou.

''Sou-chan, I can't be so sure about that. After all, you're the only one person I know in the world... I don't know why they did that, but one day, we'll make them regret it.'' 

''Really..? Eve-san is so inspiring... I want to be like Eve-san one day! Even after something bad happens, you're always so positive and you still take care of me! Like now! Thank you for helping me patch up, Eve-san!''

''It's no problem to me, Sou-chan. There's no need to thank me. Also, I'm done now. Let's get to the same shelter and eat something.''

''Okay!'' Outside the shelter they lived in, there was a flower field that no one besides the two knew about. Since young, they had been very close, and even after the death of their parents, they stuck together like magnets. The flower field was grown with their love and care, and every day they would make sure to play in it.

Two cursed boys, out in a flower field. Sunflowers, Daisies, and various other flowers. They were full of life, smiles on their faces. These two boys were going through the toughest times of their lives, but no one would be able to guess that at this scene. They didn't know the feeling of warmth from others, or how it felt like to have a group of friends. They didn't know anything about themselves, but they were okay with that. No one would know that fact with all those laughs and happiness that came from their body language and words. Nobody, not even God himself would be able to guess that. That was because –– 

''As long as you're here,

I have a feeling I'll be fine.

And if it's okay with you,

I'd like to be with you for as long as I live. 

Even on the next life, and even after death. 

I want to stay with you forever.''

As long as they were together, everything would be okay. And even if everything wasn't, it would still feel like it was. Just feeling each other's presence are enough to feel at home. So, even if they got beat up by other kids every day, even if it was just them against the world, even if others threw them hateful stares all the time..... They would be fine. They were certain about that.

''Eve-san! Bread! Here~''

''Sou-chan, I can eat by myself, you know''

''Eh~ I miss the times where Eve-san would let me feed him.''

''You... You know I can't resist when you make that pout. Fine. Come closer.''

''Yay~! That was the last piece. Let's go to bed now!''

''Alright, Sou-chan.''

But not everything was sunshines and rainbows. Everything about their lives changed one day. It should have been like every other day, it was supposed to be. The only difference was that the group of kids dropped a piece of paper when doing the acts to them.

''Eve-san.. W-What's that..? I can't see well.. Why's there this liquid feeling on my head? Ah?! I'm bleeding..'' Sou slowly walked over to a piece of paper while limping, his leg injured.

''Eh? Sou-chan, are you okay?'' Eve worriedly asked, cleaning his own wounds up.

''It's alright, Eve-san! It's only a little blood. Eh.. What's this?'' Sou picked up the paper, looking at it with a confused face. ''Huh..'' On the paper had the names of their bullies, and a picture of them beside, along with very detailed descriptions of their characters and personality. 

/''........I don't know why they did that, but one day, we'll make them regret it.''/ 

Eve's words rang in his head, stirring up an unknown feeling in him that Sou himself didn't knew he had. Every day, they hit them, made them do humiliating acts, bruised them, and left scars that would never heal --- and got away with it. Every day, he had to hear the cries of the one he loved most, the scars littered all over his body, and his baggy eyes. Eve never got to sleep well, and he always got the worst beatings of the two. He always took care of Sou first, and never spared a though for himself. Sou wanted to make them all regret it... For making his favourite person in the entire universe hurt, sleepless, and various other things..... He'll make them all grovel on the floor and be-- ''Sou-chan! You've been quiet for a while now. What's on your mind?''

''Eve-san.. T-They all hurt you.. But you still take care of me first.. Why? Now that I think about it... You never think about yourself... And I-I-I...I only realised it 11 years later... I'm such a h-h-horrible person....'' Sou hugged his knees, dropping the piece of paper onto the floor, tears coming out from his eyes like a waterfall. ''Eve-san... I'm s-so sorry..'' And before Sou could say more, Eve held his chin up, making him face him. ''Listen, Sou-chan. I know it seems like that... But I promise it's not. I have high pain tolerance and my wounds really aren't as bad as you think. I take care of you every time.... because.... I love you, Sou. Maybe it's disgusting for me, a boy, to love another boy, but I can't help it. It's okay even if it's true. It's alright as long as I'm with you, and you're happy. Remember our childhood promise? 'As long as you're here, I have a feeling I'll be fine. And if it's okay with you, I'd like to stay with you for as long as I live. Even on the next life, even after death. I want to stay with you forever.' Sou-chan, I love you, and I won't ever forgive those bastards for making you cry and so hurt like this. With this paper, we can find them and make them pay for what they did. I won't ever let you go, Sou-chan. So don't let me go, okay? And don't cry, my dear. I don't like it when you cry. I love it when you're happy and giggling with me. I love it when your eyes shine bright facing me. I like all your facial expressions, and I think you're cute when you're angry. But I don't like it when you're sad. I don't like it when you cry. I don't want to make you feel that way. And I don't like how those people treated you. I'll make them pay. I'll avenge us, and I'll take care of you forever, so don't cry, Sou-chan... I'm here.'' Eve brought Sou into a warm embrace, tears coming out of his own eyes as well, afraid that his raison d'etre might hate him for loving him in a romantic way, for saying such violent things. for.. 

''Eve-san..''

Said man's head perks up, looking at Sou's sea blue eyes that were shining. His mouth formed into a big smile, and hugged Eve back, his tears wetting Eve's jacket. ''Eve-san... I love you too... I thought it was weird of me to like another guy, and that you wouldn't think of me like that.. but I'm so glad you love me too.... I'm so happy... Eve-san.... I want to make them all pay too... I don't like seeing Eve-san sad either... I'm mad at them for hurting Eve-san... And I won't forgive them either.. I'll be with you forever Eve-san.. I won't ever break our promise, and I'll take care of you too.. I want Eve-san to be safe around me, and I'd like to stay with you for as long as I live, even on the next life, even after we die. I love Eve-san lots.. I don't want to let you go either. I want to be in Eve-san's warm embrace forever. I feel the best when I'm around you, and I always have this feeling of safety. So, Eve-san.....'' Sou wiggled out of his embrace and took Eve's hands, bringing them to his own beating heart. ''Let's run away, let's learn to fight, and let's be together forever. Please... I don't want to lose Eve-san, and I want to learn to fight to protect myself and Eve-san. I don't like it when Eve-san is sad or angry either. I'm growing to hate it even more hate it, but I've come to like it as well.* I'll love all sides of Eve-san.. And I don't want Eve-san to hide himself from me. I'll never find you disgusting or weird ever. So please talk to me. Eve-san..''

Sou looked at his eyes, staring into them.

''From now on, forever, let's get along

Let's get along.''*

-

(A/N: * are References to Okinimesumama by Eve.

* I'm growing to hate it even more hate it, but I've come to like it as well.

* From now on, forever, let's get along. Let's get along.