CHAPTER 1

On a Sunday morning, you would usually hear the birds singing and the wind softly blowing on your face as you walked around your garden, but it was pretty different for William. All he heard was his little Gabriela running around, chasing the squirrels, and making animal sounds to scare off the neighbors from getting close.

Of course, William was quite embarrassed but understood that children were still growing and would act a little weird in the beginning, but he knew Gabriela would be perfect for the job he had stored for her.

- Clean my office.- That's what she heard before having a mop and a bucket filled with water in her hands.

She lazily swiped her roundish hands from shelf to shelf, her father's office was big, bookshelves filled the walls, and a blackboard was on the left wall, occupying its entire space, one of those moving stairs next to it, so William could write more and get books on the top shelf, and papers were messed around on his desk, which was in the center. He was an old man already, so Gabriela knew her way around the place because he called her to help him so many times.
As Gabriela kept cleaning the area, she suddenly tripped on her father's chair, she tried to grab onto one of the books, making them fall down with her. She slowly got up and already felt the warm tears filling her eyes as the pain crept up her bruised leg.

The girl wiped her tears away, hearing a noise behind her, she got on her knees and looked around, seeing a big door in the middle of the bookshelf, a secret door.

Gabriela felt as if she was in one of those spy movies, where the main character just discovered his enemy's secret base. She got up on her feet and walked in, still sobbing, trying to ignore the pain.
She noticed there was a long hallway, white concrete walls, and a wooden floor, at the end of the hallway, there was an obsidian door, closed with a big red button next to it.

As Gabriela arrived at the door, she clicked on the button, allowing her to access the other side.
Once she entered, she was greeted by a big room similar to the hallway, but there was a desk in the center, filled with documents about her family. Usually, a family of 2 people would only have a few documents, but for Gabriela, it seemed like these documents were for more than 10 people.
Once she opened the 1st folder on the desk, she saw information about 11 children who apparently went missing.

"MISSING: MATTHIAS CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: MAIA CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: ALEXANDRE CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: OLIVER CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: TANIA CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: CALAH CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: RELLA CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: ALYONA CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: JEKATERINA CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING CAROLINA CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

"MISSING: CASSIDY CLOCKSWORTH [REDACTED]"

Gabriela looked at these papers, wondering who these people were and why their middle names were the same as hers, she noticed a second folder, and once opened, she realized that they had information about them, the only things she had understood from the document was that her father was a scientist for a place called the M.O.S, where there were reports of strange humans near them, and all of the children stated before were her siblings.

Gabriela went back to the documents after thinking a bit about this, reading more and more information about her siblings and the M.O.S.

Of course, being a 6-year-old child, she didn't understand much but knew that her father was planning on making her also become a future scientist for the M.O.S and take his place as the head researcher. Where she'd have her own desk and would be able to have many academic connections with others, have access to top-level information and she would be able to command others.

For her, that sounded like a dream come true, but she didn't fully understand the job itself, making her suspicious, mainly because she wanted to become an astronaut in the future.

Gabriela got all the documents and ran out, closing both doors behind her, screaming to her father that she had finished cleaning his office.