Chapter 2

My alarm goes off at seven in the morning and I immediately jump out of bed knowing that today I don't have to be five minutes late at the office. After getting out of bed I took a hot bath then went to my closet to change my clothes. When I changed my clothes I went to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. After some time I ate and grabbed my bag and left my house. I got into my car and started on the way to the office. When I reached the office it was only eight o'clock i walked in headed straight for tyler's office. This time I knocked on the door. I waited for his answer but instead he opened the door for me to come in. When he saw me he put his hand on the door frame and watched me with an annoyed, wicked smile on his face.

"The strip clubs are closed in the morning." he was staring at my skirt. I know very well when a man notices me thinking I'm a beautiful woman, and when a man notices the clothes I'm wearing thinking how to remove them. Tyler at this moment thinks the second. I can read his gaze wandering from my tight skirt to my cleavage and neck. To be honest I don't know if it bothers me or if I'm amused by watching him fool me like that.
"Luckily your strip club is open 24 hours a day, so I can come in. Oh by the way, good morning." A fake smile is painted on my face that I want to look fake. I'm ironic, and instead of giving me an answer that would make me gag, he gives me the most wonderful and wide smile that a man has ever given me. Christ, what am I going to do with this man?
"Drink;" He heads to the office bar and looks through his collection of bottles from tequila to expensive Scotch whisky.
"Good evening, it's 8 in the morning" I said, trying to understand if the functions of his brain have woken up. Seriously, he's the only person who could drink a deadly drink that burns you at 8 o'clock.
"I'm not delaying, I'm getting to the point. I can't understand why you refused to take someone out of the middle just because he's friends with your bastard" he sat in his chair right across from me and looked at me waiting for my answer.
"I'm not asking you to understand it, I'm asking you to accept it because I've made my decision"
"And what does the decision say"
"I will not do it"
"But let me say-"
"If you give an order for something I have no intention of doing, things are very simple. I refuse. You find someone else."

His look is memorable. He looks at me wildly as if he is ready to break his desk in half. He was disturbed by what I said. He laughs and turns his gaze to his drink
"You've been here for so many months and yet you haven't learned the basics" He smashes the glass on the table in front of him and stays upright looking at me with a deadly look that warns me of his rage. I rock back in my chair.
"I make the rules here. I make the decisions. There are no rights here beautiful. If you can't handle something there's a door. You're not exempt from any of my rules. You're going to follow my instructions like a damn dog that executes them. his master's orders"
"The problem with you is that you have yet to understand that I am not your dog, nor your toy, nor the one you will scream and lash out at when you are angry." I got up from my chair and we are face to face. It shouts at me; I'm yelling at him.
"Lilith I'm your boss. I'm asking you for a fucking job, because since you work for me, you have to do what I tell you, I don't remember adding that to your contract" I sigh lightly, turn around and rub my face with my palm, trying to think. Richard will Brooke up with me if he finds out I did it.

It took him a few days to accept that John is going to be killed. They were friends for many years and he didn't take it well obviously . I couldn't do that to him. From the moment Richard died he would be swimming in grief. If he found out that I was the one who took the life of his brother's friend, the pain would turn into hatred. And hate is dangerous.
"Listen, I won't. I'm risking a lot to do this job. I don't mind whatever you assign me but this...no I can't. If you want me to leave, I will."
I said calmly, without shouting or tension. He sighs heavily. He runs his hand through his hair and rests his shoulder on the wall of the fireplace.
"I do not want you to leave." he says without looking at me
"I won't leave then. But we have to find someone else" I stare at him waiting for him to look at me. "Okay. I'll take care of it."
He leaves his office and comes next to me, puts his hand around my waist and I swear to God he has the warmest hand in the world. He turns me around and opens the door forcing me to follow him.
"Where are we going;" I asked as we walked
"We have a meeting of all the gang members and I want you to be there too. We will discuss all the problems and everyone will get a job." He explained to me seriously.

It opens with a huge sour door and we rush into a room full of men. Maybe I should put it better. We enter a space full of animals. Some were yelling, some were hitting each other, and some were just waiting for Tyler. As soon as they see him, they all form a line. There is silence. The gaze of some falls back on me and I want to dry off. Remember what I said about understanding the way a man looks at me? This ability of mine now tells me that probably half of them have never seen a female in front of them before and they treat women like a piece of meat.

Tyler continues but has his arm around my waist. I like this. It's like a suit of armor is applied around me for every threat that awaits me. We head to the center of the hall and as soon as Tyler is ready he says the following
"I asked you to come here today because I have a job for you. It's a family affair so I want your attention." he picks up a photo of a man from the desk and holds it up for them to see
"This is Aderson de Lamos, mobster who killed four gang members last week. The guy makes more money than you will make in a lifetime and there are about 10 security guards around his house as well as security cameras alarms and so on. I want it to be at his house. And I want you to make his killing look like an accident. I'll divide you into groups so it's easier" Everyone is waiting to hear the sequel. "Zach" Tyler calls out and a few seconds later a tall muscular man with black hair steps forward with his hand raised.
"You will be the driver. Make sure you get a car without license plates and park it several meters away from the house. You will only be fast when you are far away from the area. I will tell you the rest later" he told Jacques.
"Yes sir" he said stiffly and returned to his seat.

........

an hour later

it's been an hour since we got in here and tyler is still calling people to come forward. Oh, I also have work in the midst of all this. Deception of victim. I'm going to apply as a housekeeper since I get the job I'll have to jump in or at least get to a point close to the anger and finally put pills in his wine. So simple. He always gives me the hard work.