chapter 1

The closet. My best friend. This is where my mom would tell me to hide until she would tell me to come out.

She says we'll be playing and she's it. But I knew she was lying. Every night I would hear her screaming. And I would hear things break. And I knew it was daddy's fault.

During the day, my dad would never be home. But at night he comes back and that's when mom let's me hide in there.

But that night, February 3. I waited for so long. I was listening to the normal shouting and breaking, my mom crying and then I heard it.

BANG!!!

I waited for mom to get me but she didn't. So I waited. And waited. I desperately wanted to go out. But I was scared daddy might find me. Then I heard another.

BANG!!!

Then the tears arrived. Where's mom? Why isn't she here to get me yet?

It took me all my strength to go out. I slowly opened the door and made my way out of the room. I walked to the living room, and then I heard the rain. The lights were off and there was lightning. I called 911 and told them I heard loud bangs and I told them my address.

I then heard my name.

"Savannah." I knew it was my mom. I walked to the kitchen to see her on the floor, and a big wound in the pit of her stomach. She was bleeding. And she was losing a lot of blood.

"Mom!" I ran to her side and I couldn't stop crying.

"Keep this with you." she handed me her a baby booty. She was pale and she had blood all over her body. All I could do was cry.

"Mom pease don't leave me!" I shouted. Trying to shake her shoulders but she was to big. She had her bloody hand stroking my hair then she cupped my cheek.

"Savannah always know that I love you. This booty was the first thing I made for you. I promise that you'll find someone who will treat you well. Make sure to let him meet me." She jokingly said.

"Mom. I called the ambulance. just hang on." crying.

Then her grip loosened and her eyes closed.

"MOM! DONT CLOSE YOUR EYES. MOM! WAKE UP!" Then I heard the sirens arrive.

I stand up crushing the booty in my hands as I see another body. Dad's. He did this. He killed my mom. I ran to the door and saw police and an ambulance. I saw a police officer and I ran to hug him.

"Please! My mom's.... M-my mom's dead! Daddy killed him! And then he killed himself too." I said not letting go of him. He then said something to his other officer friends and they went inside the house. He then kneeled to equal my height.

"Hello little girl. I'm officer Rich. Who are you?" He asked smiling.

"Why are you happy?! My parents are dead!" I shouted.

"I'm just trying to comfort you. We'll bring you to the station and we'll help you. Okay?" He said as I kept crying. I then nodded my head.

He held my hand walking to the police car and I saw some people carry two people in body bags. I hugged the officer and started crying. He then carried me.

"Its okay. We're gonna help you." He said. Then we rode to the station.

•°•

"So hello. I am Dr. Robinson." A guy said as I sat on a chair.

"I-I'm Savannah Baker." I said.

"So how old are you?"

"Seven."